1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 15:032 edits
    YouTube

In the clip, Obama mocks Romney for saying that Russia is a bigger geopolitical threat than Al Qaeda by saying that the 1980's are calling wanting their foreign policy back.

This should show everyone just how out of touch Obummer is. It also shows the danger of arrogantly mocking others on the world stage.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 16:40
    Even the writer for the cartoon of the Simpsons saw this coming.

YouTube

How embarrasing
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 17:00
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowhUWl6rxQ

In the clip, Obama mocks Romney for saying that Russia is a bigger geopolitical threat than Al Qaeda by saying that the 1980's are calling wanting their foreign policy back.

This should show everyone just how out of touch Obummer is. It also shows the danger of arrogantly mocking others on the world stage.
    Obama remains correct and Romney remains wrong on that issue. Whatever happens in Ukraine (unless we're crazy enough to go to war with Russia) does not pose a geopolitical threat to the US while blowing up buildings and killing 3000 Americans and planning to do more did and does.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 18:56
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bowhUWl6rxQ

romney deserves to be mocked for saying that and you deserve to be ridiculed for agreeing with him.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 21:451 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    romney deserves to be mocked for saying that and you deserve to be ridiculed for agreeing with him.
    Al Qaeda did not take over any sovereign nations since Obama came to power, Russia did.

Your blatant disregard for the sovereignty of the Ukraine as well as others here is duly noted.

Incidentally, I can't stand Romney, but he, as well as Palin, warned against this and Obama mocked them. At least a broken clock is right twice a day, but partisan shills like yourself can't bring yourself to acknowledge this even when the evidence hits you square in the face.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '14 23:18
    Al Qaeda did not take over any sovereign nations since Obama came to power, Russia did.

Your blatant disregard for the sovereignty of the Ukraine as well as others here is duly noted.

Incidentally, I can't stand Romney, but he, as well as Palin, warned against this and Obama mocked them. At least a broken clock is right twice a day, but partisan shills ...[text shortened]... elf can't bring yourself to acknowledge this even when the evidence hits you square in the face.

so did the us. so i guess russia is just as much of a geopolitical threat as the US.

your precious romney was mocked because at a crucial moment where tensions where high, he had to let loose his stupid yapper. comparing russia with al qaeda implies russia is a threat to the US. which is stupid. russia is not threatening to invade the us. it is merely flexing its muscles. we will require diplomacy FIRST before we wet our pants like romney did and start screaming
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 01:01

Incidentally, I can't stand Romney, but he, as well as Palin, warned against this and Obama mocked them. At least a broken clock is right twice a day, but partisan shills ...[text shortened]... elf can't bring yourself to acknowledge this even when the evidence hits you square in the face.
    Even if Russia had "taken over a sovereign nation since Obama came to power [i.e. was elected by the American people]" (which they have not), they still wouldn't pose anywhere near the geopolitical threat that AQ did. Romney was hysterical and wrong; Obama was right (in this instance).
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 04:02
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Even if Russia had "taken over a sovereign nation since Obama came to power [i.e. was elected by the American people]" (which they have not), they still wouldn't pose anywhere near the geopolitical threat that AQ did. Romney was hysterical and wrong; Obama was right (in this instance).
    But Obama is afraid to attack Putin as where he has no reason to be afraid to go after Bin Laden.

Why? It's because he can pick on the terrorists because they don't pose the same threat to him as Putin.

That is why Russia is a bigger threat dingleberry.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 04:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

so did the us. so i guess russia is just as much of a geopolitical threat as the US.

your precious romney was mocked because at a crucial moment where tensions where high, he had to let loose his stupid yapper. comparing russia with al qaeda implies russia is a th ...[text shortened]... les. we will require diplomacy FIRST before we wet our pants like romney did and start screaming
    My precious Romney? I can't stand the man. He gave us Obamacare and was "W" clone.

What I will do is give him some credit for being right every now and then as where you won't.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 09:25
    My precious Romney? I can't stand the man. He gave us Obamacare and was "W" clone.

What I will do is give him some credit for being right every now and then as where you won't.
    i will. if you give me an instance where he was right.

this? this is him being a stupid instigator.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 13:21

The U.S. did the same thing to Iraq. Is the U.S. a "geopolitical threat?" You know, since the last Rep pres blatantly disregarded Iraq's sovereignty.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 13:21
    But Obama is afraid to attack Putin as where he has no reason to be afraid to go after Bin Laden.

Why? It's because he can pick on the terrorists because they don't pose the same threat to him as Putin.

That is why Russia is a bigger threat dingleberry.
    That Russia is bigger than AQ doesn't make them a bigger threat. By that "logic" Belgium is a "bigger threat" than AQ.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 16:04
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That Russia is bigger than AQ doesn't make them a bigger threat. By that "logic" Belgium is a "bigger threat" than AQ.
    You know exactly what I mean.

Russia has WMD's and a formidable army to boot.

AQ does not.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 16:053 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    The U.S. did the same thing to Iraq. Is the U.S. a "geopolitical threat?" You know, since the last Rep pres blatantly disregarded Iraq's sovereignty.
    Yes. And why was that? It was because they did not have WMD's to use against the US in order to defend themselves.

That is my point here. The US has no problem knocking over easy target. Russia operates the same way.

Having said that, Russia is a bigger threat to the US because they can inflict more damage.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Mar '14 19:09
    Yes. And why was that? It was because they did not have WMD's to use against the US in order to defend themselves.

That is my point here. The US has no problem knocking over easy target. Russia operates the same way.

Having said that, Russia is a bigger threat to the US because they can inflict more damage.
    Wow.

You do realize that by "threat", Obama doesn't merely mean the ability to do harm, but the intent to do so, right? In that regard, Al Quaeda is a FAR bigger geopolitical threat.

If you don't realize that, you've proven yourself a moron.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree