1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 15:55
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/paul-moves-into-lead-in-iowa-forecast/#more-20579

It's amazing that they really are taking down Gingrich with such ease with all the negative ads.

A Paul-Romney 1-2 in Iowa following by a Romney-Paul 1-2 in NH could sink Gingrich. It also puts Romney in a fantastic position, as Paul will have a very tough time in a one on one election with anyone.

But for the first time, I have to admit that Paul now has to at least be taken seriously as a candidate. I'd even have a little sympathy for his positions if he weren't so dogmatic and inflexible.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 16:23
    Ron Paul? Nah. GOP voters will always prefer a RINO over Obama.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 17:05
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/paul-moves-into-lead-in-iowa-forecast/#more-20579

It's amazing that they really are taking down Gingrich with such ease with all the negative ads.

A Paul-Romney 1-2 in Iowa following by a Romney-Paul 1-2 in NH could sink Gingrich. It also puts Romney in a fantastic position, as Paul will have a very toug ...[text shortened]... . I'd even have a little sympathy for his positions if he weren't so dogmatic and inflexible.
    I'll bet the Dems will be crossing over to vote for Paul in droves.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 21:10
    But for the first time, I have to admit that Paul now has to at least be taken seriously as a candidate. I'd even have a little sympathy for his positions if he weren't so dogmatic and inflexible.[/b]
    That's what happens when you are such an inflexible and fundamentalist moderate. You simply must learn to compromise sh76.
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 21:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    That's what happens when you are such an inflexible and fundamentalist moderate. You simply must learn to compromise sh76.
    Thumbs up for actually making me chuckle.
  6. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 22:39
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I hope that was a joke.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 22:51
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    I hope that was a joke.
    I just mean in the primary, in order to screw with the GOP.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 23:30

A Paul-Romney 1-2 in Iowa following by a Romney-Paul 1-2 in NH could sink Gingrich. It also puts Romney in a fantastic position, as Paul will have a very toug ...[text shortened]... . I'd even have a little sympathy for his positions if he weren't so dogmatic and inflexible.
    If Gingrich sinks, I still think Perry could pull it out. He has a lot of money, the establishment likes him and so do Tea Partiers. True he managed to look like an idiot in some of the debates, but once the "anybody but Mitt" crew ditches Newt, where else are they gonna go?
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 00:361 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If Gingrich sinks, I still think Perry could pull it out. He has a lot of money, the establishment likes him and so do Tea Partiers. True he managed to look like an idiot in some of the debates, but once the "anybody but Mitt" crew ditches Newt, where else are they gonna go?
    I think you're right. He's been picking up little meaningless endorsements from conservative blog sites here and there. Can't wait to watch his little mini strokes during the presidential election debates.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 03:22

Well, at least you now admit he has to be taken seriously. That is progress.

It is funny how most pundits are still in denial. Now they are admitting that Paul could win Iowa but now they say silly stuff like Eleanor Clift said on the last McLaughlin Group: "If Ron Paul wins Iowa people will say that is fine but he can't win the nomination". They now talk as if Iowa is some oddball state and Paul can't run the same campaign ads in other states with the same effect. Then she predicted Paul would win Iowa...lol

Okay, now you seem to leave open the possibility he could win the nomination but cannot win the general election. I expect Eleanor will join you in another month and say the same thing, but I'll bet she will doubt herself soon afterwards. I can't help but notice that the same lefties that say Paul can't win against Obama are posting all sorts of anti Ron Paul articles on facebook. If they are really so confident Ron Paul can't beat Obama why do they feel a need to post negative articles about him? You would think they would be happy with him winning the republican nomination if they honestly believed that, so why post articles to influence people to not vote for him in the primary?

I don't think the lefties consider Paul an easy pushover for Obama at all. I think they just need to say it to make themselves feel better for a moment. I don't think you are really convinced of that either. That whole "change you can believe in" slogan would hurt Obama more than you know if Ron Paul has the money to go negative on him. There is more too.

http://news.yahoo.com/60-minutes-edits-obama-claim-fourth-best-president-133404689.html

Obama is so vulnerable it is funny. All Ron Paul has to do is repeat the word "debt" over and over and Obama is toast.
  11. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 06:52

It's like watching the Imbecile Olympics.

If there were such a thing.
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 10:08
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I thought Pope Paul was dead? 😲

-m. 😀
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 13:32
    2 words

"Real Change"

Simple campaign slogan for Ron Paul. It would be devastating for Obama. He would not have a chance.
  14. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 13:42

They actually discussed Ron Paul on NPR the other day. I was shocked to my very core. If Paul wins Iowa, Romney might be screwed. Paul has a very strong following in South Carolina. New Hampshire seems like the type of state that could easily support Ron Paul's positions also.
  15. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 16:16
    Originally posted by dryhump
    They actually discussed Ron Paul on NPR the other day. I was shocked to my very core. If Paul wins Iowa, Romney might be screwed. Paul has a very strong following in South Carolina. New Hampshire seems like the type of state that could easily support Ron Paul's positions also.
    Even if Paul wins Iowa, I don't know if he has the money, organization or support within the power structure of the Republican party to do well in the big states down the road.

Time will tell though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree