1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 12:41
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/341225-comeys-private-memos-on-trump-conversations-contained-classified?rnd=1499645596

Comey it seems gave up classified information in his leaked memos.

It really is entertaining watching them go after Trump. First we learn that Comey was coerced about calling the Hillary investigation an investigation, and instead call it a "matter" by the Obama administration. Now we learn that Comey is as guilty as Hillary giving up classified information.

Not to worry though, Comey's buddy Mueller is there to rescue his old friend.

No worries.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 14:38
    This week Donald Trump Jr. said that he attended a meeting with Kushner and Manafort with the intention to collude with the Russians in order to undermine Clinton's campaign. Any thoughts on that, whodey? Or did you just want to join in on the GOP propaganda arm's smears of Comey and Mueller?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 16:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This week Donald Trump Jr. said that he attended a meeting with Kushner and Manafort with the intention to collude with the Russians in order to undermine Clinton's campaign. Any thoughts on that, whodey? Or did you just want to join in on the GOP propaganda arm's smears of Comey and Mueller?
    If that is what happened, is it illegal? If it is illegal, what law was broken?

Conversely, there are laws against giving away sensitive information like Comey did.

Of course, impeachment has nothing to do with the law, does it? All you need is the political will.

As for collusion from other countries, how is this?

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/ukraine-sabotage-trump-backfire-233446

The Ukraine tried to get Hillary elected. See, that's OK in KN land, isn't it.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    If that is what happened, is it illegal? If it is illegal, what law was broken?

Conversely, there are laws against giving away sensitive information like Comey did.

Of course, impeachment has nothing to do with the law, does it? All you need is the political will.

As for collusion from other countries, how is this?

http://www.politico.com/story ...[text shortened]... ckfire-233446

The Ukraine tried to get Hillary elected. See, that's OK in KN land, isn't it.
    No thoughts at all on the Trump campaign's admission they attempted to collaborate with a foreign government to help win the election?

Didn't think so.

Comey didn't release classified information in the memos he leaked as far as we know. Fox lied about it, Trump repeated the lie.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:221 edit
    http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/341225-comeys-private-memos-on-trump-conversations-contained-classified?rnd=1499645596

It really is entertaining watching them go after Trump. First we learn that Comey was coerced about calling the Hillary investigation an investigation, and i ...[text shortened]...

No worries.
    This is the same guy who said Hillary did the same but she didn't know she was breaking the law so it is ok.

I wonder if that defense will work for him.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:27
    No thoughts at all on the Trump campaign's admission they attempted to collaborate with a foreign government to help win the election?

Didn't think so.

Comey didn't release classified information in the memos he leaked as far as we know. Fox lied about it, Trump repeated the lie.
    It's like the Hillary Foundation. Sure, it was used to enrich her personally, but Trump had one as well.

This is how corrupt both parties have become. The system is in shambles.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:28
    Originally posted by Eladar
    This is the same guy who said Hillary did the same but she didn't know she was breaking the law so it is ok.

I wonder if that defense will work for him.
    I'm not sure I even want to hear how Mueller let's Comey off the hook. I wouldn't want to lose my lunch.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:31
    I'm not sure I even want to hear how Mueller let's Comey off the hook. I wouldn't want to lose my lunch.
    The ruling class is above the law.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:361 edit
    It's like the Hillary Foundation. Sure, it was used to enrich her personally, but Trump had one as well.

This is how corrupt both parties have become. The system is in shambles.
    How about this, whodey: I show you evidence that Trump has literally stolen money from children with cancer, and you explain to me how the Clinton Foundation "enrich[ed] her personally."

These clumsily fabricated false equivalencies reek of desperation.

Still no thoughts on the Trump campaign's admitted attempts at collusion?
  10. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Read a book!
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 17:53
    What's on the menu? Crow?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Jul '17 18:53

It really is entertaining watching them go after Trump. First we learn that Comey was coerced about calling the Hillary investigation an investigation, and i ...[text shortened]...

No worries.
    It seems those materials were "retroactively classified" AFTER Comey's firing. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/10/james-comey-memos-retroactively-classified-240362
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 11:002 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It seems those materials were "retroactively classified" AFTER Comey's firing. http://www.politico.com/story/2017/07/10/james-comey-memos-retroactively-classified-240362
    Assuming that is all true, that is only part of his problem.

The agreement signed by all FBI employees says that "all information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America."

It goes on to add that agents "will not reveal, by any means, any information or material from or related to FBI files or any other information acquired by virtue of my official employment to any unauthorized recipient without prior official written authorization by the FBI."

Instead, Comey insists that the memos were his private property even though they were written on the job, which means they were not. Nor did he have any approval to release them, even if the material was deemed unclassified by himself.

Then again, Comey did run the FBI so perhaps he is above all their laws, just like Hillary.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    11 Jul '17 14:39
    Assuming that is all true, that is only part of his problem.

The agreement signed by all FBI employees says that "all information acquired by me in connection with my official duties with the FBI and all official material to which I have access remain the property of the United States of America."

It goes on to add that agents "will not reveal, by any ...[text shortened]... .

Then again, Comey did run the FBI so perhaps he is above all their laws, just like Hillary.
    Yikes, that dastardly Comey with his leaked memos. Lock him up!

Not nearly as bad, as, say, openly taking and soliciting bribes or attempting to collude with a hostile foreign government to undermine American democracy. Still no thoughts on that, I suppose?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 03:30
    Yikes, that dastardly Comey with his leaked memos. Lock him up!

Not nearly as bad, as, say, openly taking and soliciting bribes or attempting to collude with a hostile foreign government to undermine American democracy. Still no thoughts on that, I suppose?
    What exactly has been proven that Trump has done that is illegal?

Conversely, we know what Comey has done.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jul '17 06:56
    What exactly has been proven that Trump has done that is illegal?

Conversely, we know what Comey has done.
    Fraud (Trump U, among others), obstruction of justice (firing Comey), bribery (currently soliciting and accepting bribes, admitted to bribing Pat Bondi and other unnamed officials), rape (his ex-wife testified under oath that he did), sexual harassment (admitted to it in Pussygate + ongoing trial), perjury (contradicted statements he made under oath). Probably forgetting something here, and these are just the things that are public knowledge. There's the treason of Donny Jr, Kushner and Manafort that Sr was probably aware of (the meeting happened at Trump Tower while Sr was there), but I'm not aware of solid evidence that Sr knew about it.

Why hasn't he been charged for these crimes? Partially because the U.S. legal system is pathetic, partially because for some bizarre reason Congress is in charge of such proceedings for crimes committed while he was President, and partially because investigations are still ongoing (you may have heard of this Mueller guy).

But hey, those e-mails of Clinton and memos of Comey, right? And... both parties are just as bad! Because we all know the things Obama did that even remotely approach the list above. Except we don't, because he didn't.

Here's a nice blast from the past. See any parallels with today's news?
    http://nypost.com/2001/03/07/campaign-aide-indicted-in-bush-tape-leak/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree