Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    At the Bar
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 11:07
    @duchess64 said
    In his usual zeal to attack at all costs, No1Marauder makes a ludicrous distortion of what I wrote.
    No1Marauder has a long record of putting absurd words into my mouth.

Obviously, I do NOT believe that Anne Sacoolas has the UNILATERAL AUTHORITY
    to decide that she has diplomatic immunity. No private citizen has that authority.
    But No1Marauder insists upon attacking me ...[text shortened]... the USA.
    US: Yes, then they won't be able to touch you there.
    AS: Good, so that will be our plan.
    Making up a fairy tale conversation isn't a replacement for examining the actual facts of the matter.

The irony of you claiming I put "absurd words in your mouth" (by quoting verbatim your posted claim) and then you creating out of whole cloth a "conversation" between Mrs. Sacoolas and a "government official" is amusing.
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    19 Feb '21 11:55
    @no1marauder said
    Making up a fairy tale conversation isn't a replacement for examining the actual facts of the matter.

The irony of you claiming I put "absurd words in your mouth" (by quoting verbatim your posted claim) and then you creating out of whole cloth a "conversation" between Mrs. Sacoolas and a "government official" is amusing.
    As usual, No1Marauder projected a ludicrous misinterpretation (at best) of what
    I wrote in his desperate effort to make me appear as idiotic as possible.
    The misinterpretation consists of No1Marauder absurdly concluding that the
    word 'claim' means 'decide unilaterally with absolute authority' in this case.

Obviously, I do NOT believe that Anne Sacoolas has the UNILATERAL AUTHORITY
    to decide that she has diplomatic immunity. No private citizen has that authority.
    But No1Marauder insists upon attacking me on that absurd basis.

No1Marauder routinely shows his ignorance of basic English grammar and often his feeble reading comprehension.

I wrote a plausible dialogue illustrating both Anne Sacoolas's motives and a
    US government official's motives to help her. It's common for writers of drama to do that.

Will No1Marauder concede that he ever watches dramatizations or does he
    watch only dry "just the facts, ma'am" documentaries?