1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 05:07
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    by having people like beck, hannity, and now palin, Fox is damaging its credibility.
    Fox is a business. As a business it has stacks of credibility.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 07:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    This way she can dish out what was dished to her from the media. I think it will be a sweet revenge for her person. Whether you think such attacks on her during the electoin were "fair" or deserving, you have to admit they made her life hell.
    I don't expect anyone who chooses to run in a U.S. presidential election does not expect vicious personal attacks.
  3. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:02
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    if Palin is just focusing on making money - very smart move.

But if Palin really wants to become president - bad move. Right now her "brand" has become "wacky dingbat that everyone is laughing at". Nobody is going to feel comfortable with that person being commander-in-chief.

I suspect that Palin is much smarter than her "brand" makes it seem. Forg ...[text shortened]... t in her. Anyone who gives her kids names like Track and Trig is capable of doing this.
    Ya, like we have watched a bunch of brainiacs in our capitol over the last year... I bet she was smart enough to pay her taxes. DOH, I owe how much? ala Charlie from the land of Oz.
    hey, maybe that is why Obama has broken the transparency promises,, he's stupid?
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:10
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Thats funny.But I would like to see you run a state as Governor. The woman is very competant but, is not polished as a D.C. politician.And I think that is the appeal for many.
    Cut her some slack.
    You hit the nail on the head. people see her, and beleive her. She is not a bobble head car ornament like Pelosi, who by the way has babbled her way through more than one gaff.
    I can't wait for Nov. 2010.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:34
    http://www.prlog.org/10134551-the-bobbblehead-llc-releases-its-sarah-palin-and-joe-the-plumber-bobblehead-collection.html

http://www.politicalwobbles.com/Nancy-Pelosi-Bobblehead-Sold-Out_p_13.html
  6. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:39
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    No its not. Where do you get this info from?"More seriously" by who? Fox is the most watched by far over all competitors reguardless if you like it or not.
    Fox is the most watched by far over all competitors reguardless if you like it or not.

Im not saying fox isn't entertaining, I only said most people there lack common sense and have paranoid thoughts.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 17:43
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    You hit the nail on the head. people see her, and beleive her. She is not a bobble head car ornament like Pelosi, who by the way has babbled her way through more than one gaff.
    I can't wait for Nov. 2010.
    people see her, and beleive her

and yet the mainstream media portrayed her as being stupid, and she was seen as unfit even by other republicans.
  8. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 18:171 edit
    One benefit of Palin being on Fox is that she will now get lots of chances to show her intelligence and knowledge (or lack thereof) about a wide range of issues.

And now that Palin is a PART of the mainstream media (unless Fox wants to claim otherwise), she can no longer blame all her image problems on the mainstream media.
  9. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 23:52
    Originally posted by badmoon
    I'd prefer that she do a Playboy spread. Id just look at the pictures same as always.

Her looks are 75% of her appeal, don't you agree? To quote Waits she has the IQ of a fencepost. A babe with some power. That is a package.
    No I don't agree. What IQ does a fence post have?
    I feel she speaks from her heart, a place in question for almost all politicians.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '10 23:56
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]people see her, and beleive her

and yet the mainstream media portrayed her as being stupid, and she was seen as unfit even by other republicans.[/b]
    And who was the Main stream media?
    saturday night live?
    Did Obama really quit smoking? Or just inhaling?
  11. Joined
    10 May '09
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 00:07
    No I don't agree. What IQ does a fence post have?
    I feel she speaks from her heart, a place in question for almost all politicians.
    Speaks from her heart? She comes across to me incredibly phony.
  12. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 00:11
    Ya, like we have watched a bunch of brainiacs in our capitol over the last year... I bet she was smart enough to pay her taxes. DOH, I owe how much? ala Charlie from the land of Oz.
    hey, maybe that is why Obama has broken the transparency promises,, he's stupid?
    There's cutting some one slack and then there's being completely naive.

I think Palin is smarter than her detractors give her credit for, but she's clearly less than exceptional in this regard. I understand that her being a religious conservative gets some of you guys excited, but don't let that completely cloud your judgement.

Awaiting the immaterial "yeah but Obama" response.
  13. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 02:22
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    Speaks from her heart? She comes across to me incredibly phony.
    And to each his own.
    Most politicians come across as being phony at one point or another.
    I hate to drag this on in this way... But a President smoking and pushing healthcare comes across as somewhat phony to me.
    But to each his own.
  14. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 02:27
    Originally posted by telerion
    There's cutting some one slack and then there's being completely naive.

I think Palin is smarter than her detractors give her credit for, but she's clearly less than exceptional in this regard. I understand that her being a religious conservative gets some of you guys excited, but don't let that completely cloud your judgement.

Awaiting the immaterial "yeah but Obama" response.
    Are you talking smart as in her IQ?
    Give me an example of less than exceptional? By what standard do you base a person as being exceptional?
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    14 Jan '10 03:17
    Are you talking smart as in her IQ?
    Give me an example of less than exceptional? By what standard do you base a person as being exceptional?
    I don't put a lot of stock in IQ. It's good for detecting if some one is exceptionally gifted, about average, or learning challenged; but it doesn't have much power at the extremes (so sorry for the 10% of people claiming to have IQ's above the 7th standard deviation from the mean 😛 ).

Remember I said "exceptional in this regard" which was referring to her intellect. If you look at her education, she's not exactly a MacArthur Prize candidate. From 1982-1987 she attended no fewer than five pretty bad schools (having grown up both in AK and ID I know the quality of those institutions) before finally finishing a communication-journalism degree. That doesn't make her stupid of course, but it definitely would make her "not exceptional."

Her knowledge of domestic and foreign affairs is certainly not exceptional. I understand that she was really put on the spot during the '08 campaign; but she knew shockingly little about world and current events. This was made evident over and over again. Not only in the Couric and Gibson interview, but in the debates when she very candidly (and without grace) dodged every question of substance and spoke instead from a prepared script.

Listening to her speak I recognize that it's an accomplishment if she strings together a coherent, grammatically passable sentence. Does this make her stupid? Not necessarily. A lot of people have poor diction. Certainly however it doesn't indicate an exceptional intellect.

Now that I've made that point, I will give her some credit. If there is something that is exceptional about her, it is that she has risen to a position of political power despite her lack of education and intellect. She is charismatic and excites the conservative Protestants. I have to give her props there. She milked her opportunity for all it was worth and has done very, very well for herself. Now I hope she cashes out and stays away from political office.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree