Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16733
    01 Jul '17 15:41
    It's amazing how much has changed since the 5th of May when Ashiitaka started his 'Say toodles to labour' thread.
    Today,less than 2 months later,there is a large anti government protest march on Parliament.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40468881

    Ashiitaka - the kid who thought he knew it all -has been be very quiet since the election.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10995
    01 Jul '17 16:26
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    It's amazing how much has changed since the 5th of May when Ashiitaka started his 'Say toodles to labour' thread.
    Today,less than 2 months later,there is a large anti government protest march on Parliament.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-40468881

    Ashiitaka - the kid who thought he knew it all -has been be very quiet since the election.
    Yes. On the 5th May we had a Tory government, and now, just a couple of months later, we eh,......still have a Tory government.

    So much has changed. (Well, I guess Corbyn has been to Glastonbury).
  3. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16733
    01 Jul '17 18:24
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yes. On the 5th May we had a Tory government, and now, just a couple of months later, we eh,......still have a Tory government.

    So much has changed. (Well, I guess Corbyn has been to Glastonbury).
    On May 5th you had a Tory government with 330 seats(330!) and Labour had 232 seats.
    And now,just a couple of months later you have a Tory/DUP government with 327 seats and Labour has 262.

    So much has changed that Brits are on the streets demonstrating against the government.Not surprising after the shabby deals Mrs May has made with the DUP,putting at risk the fragile peace in NI.
    And,if that is not enough,she was caught out blatantly lying about the existence of 'magic money trees'.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    01 Jul '17 18:33
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke to Biffo Konker
    Yes. On the 5th May we had a Tory government, and now, just a couple of months later, we eh,......still have a Tory government.

    So much has changed. (Well, I guess Corbyn has been to Glastonbury).
    Theresa May's still Prime Minister, but she's clearly in a much weaker position.

    Apparently to Ghost of a Duke, everything's going exactly according to the Tory master plan.
    Does Ghost of a Duke like to quote Field Marshal Montgomery? (sarcasm intended)

    In 1861, a Republican (Abraham Lincoln) became US President.
    In 2017, another Republican (Donald Trump) became US President.
    So nothing has really changed, right?
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10995
    01 Jul '17 19:34
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    On May 5th you had a Tory government with 330 seats(330!) and Labour had 232 seats.
    And now,just a couple of months later you have a Tory/DUP government with 327 seats and Labour has 262.

    So much has changed that Brits are on the streets demonstrating against the government.Not surprising after the shabby deals Mrs May has made with the DUP,putting ...[text shortened]... hat is not enough,she was caught out blatantly lying about the existence of 'magic money trees'.
    Sure, but apart from that.
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    01 Jul '17 19:44
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke to Biffo Konker
    Sure, but apart from that.
    Everything's exactly the same except for what's different.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10995
    01 Jul '17 20:06
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Everything's exactly the same except for what's different.
    'No mind is thoroughly well organised that is deficient in a sense of humour.'

    Samuel Taylor Coleridge
  8. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88827
    01 Jul '17 20:27
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Today,less than 2 months later,there is a large anti government protest march on Parliament.
    Wow, let the new order begin...
  9. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88827
    01 Jul '17 20:29
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    On May 5th you had a Tory government with 330 seats(330!) and Labour had 232 seats.
    And now,just a couple of months later you have a Tory/DUP government with 327 seats and Labour has 262.

    So much has changed that Brits are on the streets demonstrating against the government.Not surprising after the shabby deals Mrs May has made with the DUP,putting ...[text shortened]... hat is not enough,she was caught out blatantly lying about the existence of 'magic money trees'.
    Well it's the weekend (and you've had a couple of friendly juices) isn't it. Let's see what Parliament looks like on Monday, after your rant today.
  10. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88827
    01 Jul '17 20:31
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Theresa May's still Prime Minister, but she's clearly in a much weaker position.

    Apparently to Ghost of a Duke, everything's going exactly according to the Tory master plan.
    Does Ghost of a Duke like to quote Field Marshal Montgomery? (sarcasm intended)

    In 1861, a Republican (Abraham Lincoln) became US President.
    In 2017, another Republican (Donald Trump) became US President.
    So nothing has really changed, right?
    Well I guess you should be going back to your constituencies and preparing for government. As they once said 🙂
  11. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    01 Jul '17 20:35
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'No mind is thoroughly well organised that is deficient in a sense of humour.'

    Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    "In politics, stupidity is not a handicap."
    --Napoleon
  12. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    01 Jul '17 22:31
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Sure, but apart from that.
    What about the roads|?

    YouTube
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Joined
    14 Mar '15
    Moves
    10995
    02 Jul '17 13:52
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What about the roads|?

    [youtube]Qc7HmhrgTuQ[/youtube]
    Classic. 🙂


    If you have time, google 'Theresa May and the Holy Grail.' (You may have seen it already).
  14. Green Boots Cave
    Joined
    02 Dec '08
    Moves
    16733
    02 Jul '17 14:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Wow, let the new order begin...
    Is that a reference to Nazism?
  15. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    88827
    02 Jul '17 14:15
    Originally posted by biffo konker
    Is that a reference to Nazism?
    No, Tooting.
Back to Top