Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    22 Feb '18 09:17
    US President Donald Trump has said arming teachers could
    prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead
    last week in Florida.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

    "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms,"
    he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

    Lets train marines to be teachers next! 🙂
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7290
    22 Feb '18 09:32
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    US President Donald Trump has said arming teachers could
    prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead
    last week in Florida.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

    "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms,"
    he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

    Lets train marines to be teachers next! 🙂
    Preferably 'Nam vets. We all know they never go off the rails without warning signs...
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    22 Feb '18 09:38
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    US President Donald Drumpf has said arming teachers could
    prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead
    last week in Florida.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

    "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms,"
    he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

    Lets train marines to be teachers next! 🙂
    Funny thing about morons asking to arm teachers. They're exactly that: morons who haven't been soldiers a day in their lives.

    Marines are dying in Iraq, Afghanistan. Marines in full combat gear, expecting to be attacked at any moment, training fresh in their minds and they still die occasionally.

    Their great brain fart is to have teachers be as combat ready as marines. To eye students with suspicion. To be expert marksmen so as not to shoot bystanders in the chaos and confusion of a mass shooting. To be ready to take the life of a shooter at a moment's notice. To live with it.

    All this just so they could still have their hobby. While children would still be dying because no amount of guns in schools would completely eliminate casualties.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    22 Feb '18 09:40
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    US President Donald Drumpf has said arming teachers could
    prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead
    last week in Florida.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

    "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms,"
    he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

    Lets train marines to be teachers next! 🙂
    Another funny thing: it hadn't occurred to these morons that maybe asking a teacher making 30k a year while being overworked to also be a security guard and put his life on the line might be a tad too much.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Joined
    01 Sep '04
    Moves
    65516
    22 Feb '18 09:50
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    Another funny thing: it hadn't occurred to these morons that maybe asking a teacher making 30k a year while being overworked to also be a security guard and put his life on the line might be a tad too much.
    It's not that teachers have to carry guns and have to be security guards, it's that they might be carrying, making the school no longer a guaranteed gun free zone (as the article rightly points out).I don't doubt that there are teachers who would put their hand up for this.

    zahlanzi skims an article, maybe just the title, turns the rhetoric and exaggeration dial to 11 and makes an idjit of himself again.

    zahlanzi logic 🙄
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Joined
    20 Jan '09
    Moves
    323043
    22 Feb '18 13:07
    I saw that Trump interview and it left me speechless. We already know he's a mouth not attached to a brain, but teachers with guns - is this what Americans think their children should be prepared to live with? Maybe in Syria or Afghanistan, but I don't think kids in those countries would go for it either.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81257
    22 Feb '18 13:11
    Originally posted by @kewpie
    I saw that Trump interview and it left me speechless. We already know he's a mouth not attached to a brain, but teachers with guns - is this what Americans think their children should be prepared to live with? Maybe in Syria or Afghanistan, but I don't think kids in those countries would go for it either.
    But you refuse to see what teachers WITHOUT guns is resulting in. Guns are here to stay, no amount of laws will change that.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    22 Feb '18 13:19
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    But you refuse to see what teachers WITHOUT guns is resulting in. Guns are here to stay, no amount of laws will change that.
    You haven't seen the laws that are on their way.
  9. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    22 Feb '18 13:26
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    US President Donald Trump has said arming teachers could
    prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead
    last week in Florida.

    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43149694

    "If you had a teacher who was adept at firearms,"
    he said, "they could very well end the attack very quickly."

    Lets train marines to be teachers next! 🙂
    Things which happen infrequently but for which teachers are trained:

    Earthquakes
    Natural disasters
    Air raids
    Fire
    Assorted First Aid incidents
    Fist fights
    Janitors fiddling nine year olds in the maintenance closet
    Food fights
    Smart ass youth

    Things which--- according to CNN--- happen all the time for which teachers are to be left untrained and virtually sitting ducks unless they're faster than their charges:

    Mentally unstable people with strong fingers

    If only we could figure this complex thing out!
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    22 Feb '18 13:31
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    But you refuse to see what teachers WITHOUT guns is resulting in. Guns are here to stay, no amount of laws will change that.
    Australia (to name but one) proves there is in fact an amount of laws that will get rid of guns and mass shootings. Also proves you're an idiot.

    Secondly, we see what teachers without guns in a horrible world with a ton of guns is resulting in. We can also see what teachers without guns in a civilized society without guns is resulting in: a civilized society. A society where children go to schools, not prisons, not military compounds.
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7290
    22 Feb '18 14:04
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    But you refuse to see what teachers WITHOUT guns is resulting in. Guns are here to stay, no amount of laws will change that.
    Then you have accepted the Moloch as your lord and master, and there is no saving your children.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81257
    22 Feb '18 14:21
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Then you have accepted the Moloch as your lord and master, and there is no saving your children.
    Trying my best to save them from people like you...have you ever had a rational thought?
  13. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    22 Feb '18 17:541 edit
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    Things which happen infrequently but for which teachers are trained:

    Earthquakes
    Natural disasters
    Air raids
    Fire
    Assorted First Aid incidents
    Fist fights
    Janitors fiddling nine year olds in the maintenance closet
    Food fights
    Smart ass youth

    Things which--- according to CNN--- happen all the time for which teachers are to be left untraine ...[text shortened]...
    Mentally unstable people with strong fingers

    If only we could figure this complex thing out!
    And school shootings.

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/2/16/17016382/school-shooting-drills-training
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56271
    22 Feb '18 18:04
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    It's not that teachers have to carry guns and have to be security guards, it's that they might be carrying, making the school no longer a guaranteed gun free zone (as the article rightly points out).I don't doubt that there are teachers who would put their hand up for this.

    zahlanzi skims an article, maybe just the title, turns the rhetoric and exaggeration dial to 11 and makes an idjit of himself again.

    zahlanzi logic 🙄
    You do realise that arming teachers is only slightly less moronic that thinking that potentially arming them is going to make the schools safer, don’t you?

    Malls, churches, theatres, casinos... you really think that arming everyone if you crazy bastards is going to make the place safe?

    Hahahaha
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    22 Feb '18 19:09
    How long before bullet-proof vests are de rigueur for going outside your house?
Back to Top