Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 14:56
    http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/02/schools-implant-iuds-in-girls-as-young-as-6th-grade-without-their-parents-knowing/

    Just another step down the road.
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    03 Jul '15 15:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/02/schools-implant-iuds-in-girls-as-young-as-6th-grade-without-their-parents-knowing/

    Just another step down the road.
    Apparently this policy isn't causing much of a kerfuffle in Settle.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 16:03
    Originally posted by JS357
    Apparently this policy isn't causing much of a kerfuffle in Settle.
    As I said, just another step down the road.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    03 Jul '15 16:32
    Originally posted by Eladar
    As I said, just another step down the road.
    The history of personal freedom.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 16:44
    Originally posted by JS357
    The history of personal freedom.
    History of personal freedom? History of government take over of personal lives. Kids belong to society and people don't care.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    03 Jul '15 17:28
    In fine with schools making condoms available with parental consent; but an IUD is a different matter. There are potential health risks from using those.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    03 Jul '15 17:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    History of personal freedom? History of government take over of personal lives. Kids belong to society and people don't care.
    What exactly is your gripe? Parents not knowing/having the decision? Minors using birth control? Minors having sex? Minors learning about contraception? Or are you just generally ag'in it?
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 17:41
    Originally posted by JS357
    What exactly is your gripe? Parents not knowing/having the decision? Minors using birth control? Minors having sex? Minors learning about contraception? Or are you just generally ag'in it?
    My gripe? Parents giving up their rights and handing them over to the government. The child is the parent's responsibility. If the parent wants the procedure, then fine. They can give permission. If not, then the government has no right to do it.
  9. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    03 Jul '15 18:08
    Originally posted by Eladar
    My gripe? Parents giving up their rights and handing them over to the government. The child is the parent's responsibility. If the parent wants the procedure, then fine. They can give permission. If not, then the government has no right to do it.
    Do you know of any Seattle parent who is ignorant of the situation?

    If there are any, they are not living up to their responsibility to know and approve or disapprove what their children are learning and doing at school.

    But this is nothing new.
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 18:20
    Originally posted by JS357
    Do you know of any Seattle parent who is ignorant of the situation?

    If there are any, they are not living up to their responsibility to know and approve or disapprove what their children are learning and doing at school.

    But this is nothing new.
    Ignorant if their daughters are being implanted or not?

    I'm sure there are.

    Ignorant that it could happen? Possibly, but if they know it can happen and they don't care, then they of course have demonstrated they've walked down further down the road.

    I don't think you understand what I'm saying since you are so far down that road you don't see it either.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    03 Jul '15 18:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    In fine with schools making condoms available with parental consent; but an IUD is a different matter. There are potential health risks from using those.
    There are far more and far greater health risks associated with pregnancy than with the use of an IUD.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    03 Jul '15 18:49
    Originally posted by JS357
    The history of personal freedom.
    There are a lot of restrictions on the personal freedoms of minors.
  13. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    6788
    03 Jul '15 18:50
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Ignorant if their daughters are being implanted or not?

    I'm sure there are.

    Ignorant that it could happen? Possibly, but if they know it can happen and they don't care, then they of course have demonstrated they've walked down further down the road.

    I don't think you understand what I'm saying since you are so far down that road you don't see it either.
    I understand that there are some parents that are incompetent and don't know it, and their kids need help from their teachers. Society has a stake in the raising of children and in helping minimize unwanted teen pregnancy.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    03 Jul '15 19:06
    Originally posted by JS357
    I understand that there are some parents that are incompetent and don't know it, and their kids need help from their teachers. Society has a stake in the raising of children and in helping minimize unwanted teen pregnancy.
    In the US we are supposed to be free of the demands from Society. That's why this country was created. It was created so that people could live free!

    Welcome back to the Manor serf.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    03 Jul '15 19:08
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There are far more and far greater health risks associated with pregnancy than with the use of an IUD.
    *slow clap* Give it up for the most brilliant pedagogical post in the debates forum, folks.

    Yes, pregnancy can be a worse option for teens. I'm not against birth control. That's why I'm pro passing out condoms in school, or even birth control pills, provided that a school nurse or physician finds it safe for that particular teen to use. I also don't think parental consent should be needed for this (my first post was a mistype).
Back to Top