1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Dec '16 18:44
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Use the term anthropogenic and be specific about whether or not climate scientists believe AGW is the primary cause or an unspecified mere factor that could be negligible for all you know.
    The poll you are referring to is the latter rather than the former. You have been duped by those with an agenda to mislead and lie.
    Someone quoted a Breitbart article mentioning a survey of climate scientists to support such ignorance but the survey itself debunks such claims. As I wrote in another thread:

Here's the link: http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/cms/publicaties/pbl-2015-climate-science-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf

Now go to Question 1a on p. 7:

What fraction of global warming since the mid-20th century can be attributed to human
    induced increases in atmospheric greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations?
    • More than 100% (i.e. GHG warming has been partly offset by aerosol cooling)
    • Between 76% and 100%
    • Between 51% and 76%
    • Between 26% and 50%
    • Between 0 and 25%
    • Less than 0% (i.e. anthropogenic GHG emissions have caused cooling)
    • There has been no warming
    • Unknown due to lack of knowledge
    • I do not know
    • Other (please specify)

The results on p. 8:

More than 100%: 17.1%
    76-100%: 32.2%
    51-75%: 16.6%
    26-50%: 5.2%
    0-25%: 6.5%
    Less than 0%: 0.2%
    No warming: 0.4%
    Unknown: 9.9%
    I don't know: 8.8%
    Other: 3.1%

Breitbart claimed:

Of the 1868 who responded, just 43 percent agreed with the IPCC that “It is extremely likely {95%+ certainty} that more than half of [global warming] from 1951 to 2010 was caused by [human activity]”. Even with the “don’t knows” removed that figure increases only to 47 percent, still leaving a majority of climate scientists who do not subscribe to the IPCC’s statement.

Either they can't read or they lied. The first three categories all meet the "more than half" criteria and together total 65.9%. The next four categories dispute it but total only 12.3%. The remaining 21.8% are "unknown" :I don't know" or "other" from which no firm conclusions can be reached. Omitting those even in this study over 80% of those who gave an opinion agreed with the statement that Breitbart described as the IPCC view far more than the 43% or 47% the article claimed.

The survey is here: http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/cms/publicaties/pbl-2015-climate-science-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf

More than 1800 international scientists studying various aspects of climate change, including e.g. climate physics, climate impacts and mitigation, responded to the questionnaire.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '16 06:471 edit
    So you lie like the others. Show me where I stated the earth was flat. Show me where I said we never went to the moon.

LIAR!
    Did I say you said it, buffoon?

Check who I was talking to. It wasn't you, although I did call you a buffoon for obvious reasons.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Did I say you said it, buffoon?

Check who I was talking to. It wasn't you, although I did call you a buffoon for obvious reasons.
    Not obvious at all. You avoiding a specific debate shows who the buffoon is. I think you are intimidated by me. That would explain the ad hominem attack.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 15:27
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Someone quoted a Breitbart article mentioning a survey of climate scientists to support such ignorance but the survey itself debunks such claims. As I wrote in another thread:

Here's the link: http://www.pbl.nl/sites/default/files/cms/publicaties/pbl-2015-climate-science-survey-questions-and-responses_01731.pdf

Now go to Question 1a on p. 7:

W ...[text shortened]... including e.g. climate physics, climate impacts and mitigation, responded to the questionnaire.
    Your pdf link contain no writing at all. I think you were duped by a fake article with no source of info. You should have check the source before making the claim.

A good indication that you got duped is your own post saying some of them selected less than 0% and more than 100%. Since that is impossible I doubt any climate scientists would make such a stupid error. These are educated people that are unlikely to think that idiotic. Why would you of all people resort to a right wing source like Brietbart? We all know you are a leftist.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 15:45
    Not obvious at all. You avoiding a specific debate shows who the buffoon is. I think you are intimidated by me. That would explain the ad hominem attack.

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/ad-hominem
    it was an INSULT. not an ad hominem.

when will you weaklings learn the difference?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 15:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    it was an INSULT. not an ad hominem.

when will you weaklings learn the difference?
    ad hominem attacks often contain insults. It is a method of avoiding a debate because people like you are too weak to debate me using facts. When will you weaklings stop avoiding a debate with ad hominem attacks?
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    22 Dec '16 20:30
    I'm just really thankful the data won't be lost! I wonder if the Trump admin will try to sue to get it back as government proprietary.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree