Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 07 Dec '15 20:25
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/shia-muslims-hold-antiterrorism-rally-in-washington/2015/12/06/03b2bf80-9c81-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html?tid=sm_fb
  2. 07 Dec '15 22:09
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/shia-muslims-hold-antiterrorism-rally-in-washington/2015/12/06/03b2bf80-9c81-11e5-8728-1af6af208198_story.html?tid=sm_fb
    you mean there are different flavors of muslims, not all sharing ISIS' radical beliefs and labeling them all with the same term is just as ignorant as saying christians are all witch burning inquisition time catholics??

    SHOCKING!!!
  3. 08 Dec '15 09:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    you mean there are different flavors of muslims, not all sharing ISIS' radical beliefs and labeling them all with the same term is just as ignorant as saying christians are all witch burning inquisition time catholics??

    SHOCKING!!!
    Yes, 1.8 billion people, and they don't all think alike all the time
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    08 Dec '15 13:33
    While I am sure it's true that many Muslims are peaceful and condemn ISIS on humanitarian grounds, this story in particular is quite dog bites man. Shia Muslims are natural enemies of ISIS as much as or more so than most other Americans. That Shia Muslims would condemn ISIS is unsurprising and hardly impressive.
  5. 08 Dec '15 16:05
    Is Trump taking notes?
  6. 08 Dec '15 16:36
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is Trump taking notes?
    Are you?
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    08 Dec '15 16:47
    Originally posted by sh76
    While I am sure it's true that many Muslims are peaceful and condemn ISIS on humanitarian grounds, this story in particular is quite dog bites man. Shia Muslims are natural enemies of ISIS as much as or more so than most other Americans. That Shia Muslims would condemn ISIS is unsurprising and hardly impressive.
    norm thinks they might kiss and make up soon.
  8. 08 Dec '15 17:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    norm thinks they might kiss and make up soon.
    I suggested that recently as a remote possibility, not a likelihood.

    How does the saying go? The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Russia and the US were allies in WWII, and the cold war began immediately thereafter.
  9. 08 Dec '15 19:13
    Originally posted by sh76
    While I am sure it's true that many Muslims are peaceful and condemn ISIS on humanitarian grounds, this story in particular is quite dog bites man. Shia Muslims are natural enemies of ISIS as much as or more so than most other Americans. That Shia Muslims would condemn ISIS is unsurprising and hardly impressive.
    It' part of a growing movement given the name "Not in our Name" which is aimed at all Islam based extremism, not just ISIS.
  10. 08 Dec '15 19:18
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Are you?
    No, my level of non-douchebaggery is sufficient to have concluded somewhere around my sixth birthday that lumping together and persecuting billions of people who share one particular characteristic is not an awfully constructive approach.