Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    10 Dec '17 02:08
    As we all know, Bill Clinton was impeached over his wrong doings involving women, but he was never removed from office.

    Should he have been removed, or maybe should he have resigned?
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81366
    10 Dec '17 02:09
    Bill Clinton was not impeached for his wrong doings with women
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    10 Dec '17 02:16
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Bill Clinton was not impeached for his wrong doings with women
    He perjured himself about lying regarding his dealings with women.

    He had an affair with an intern. Is this not despicable enough on its own?

    Then take into account all the accusations against him from other women. One recently came out and said Bill raped her.

    Knowing all this, should he have been removed from office?
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    10 Dec '17 02:27
    Originally posted by @whodey
    He perjured himself about lying regarding his dealings with women.

    He had an affair with an intern. Is this not despicable enough on its own?

    Then take into account all the accusations against him from other women. One recently came out and said Bill raped her.

    Knowing all this, should he have been removed from office?
    Clinton lied about a consensual affair.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    10 Dec '17 02:31
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Clinton lied about a consensual affair.
    Consensual?

    She was his intern.

    Is having sex with people you work with acceptable even though they say it was "consensual"?
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    10 Dec '17 02:48
    No, it's not acceptable, because it could lead to an abuse of power that results in a non-.consensual relationship.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    10 Dec '17 03:12
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No, it's not acceptable, because it could lead to an abuse of power that results in a non-.consensual relationship.
    Such people should be thrown in jail.

    They do it to teachers so why not other people as well?
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    10 Dec '17 03:16
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Such people should be thrown in jail.

    They do it to teachers so why not other people as well?
    "They do it to teachers"? Do you mean teachers who have sex with minors?

    Are you comparing a consensual affair between adults to statutory rape?
  9. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    10 Dec '17 03:222 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify to Whodey
    [Bill] Clinton lied about a consensual affair.
    Wasn't the issue supposed to be about his lying rather than his marital infidelity?
  10. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    12091
    10 Dec '17 03:562 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    "They do it to teachers"? Do you mean teachers who have sex with minors?

    Are you comparing a consensual affair between adults to statutory rape?
    Age of consent is 16 in many states.

    A young female teacher, about 22 was arrested for having sex with a 16 year old guy.

    If she worked at a law office or a gas station then no arrest would have been made.

    Teachers can be put in jail for having sex with 18 year olds.
  11. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    10 Dec '17 04:14
    Originally posted by @eladar
    Age of consent is 16 in many states.

    A young female teacher, about 22 was arrested for having sex with a 16 year old guy.

    If she worked at a law office or a gas station then no arrest would have been made.

    Teachers can be put in jail for having sex with 18 year olds.
    You'll need to post a link. Don't make such claims without sources.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    10 Dec '17 05:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    As we all know, Bill Clinton was impeached over his wrong doings involving women, but he was never removed from office.

    Should he have been removed, or maybe should he have resigned?
    16 women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault.

    Should he be impeached or resign?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35850
    10 Dec '17 10:49
    Originally posted by @whodey
    As we all know, Bill Clinton was impeached over his wrong doings involving women, but he was never removed from office.

    Should he have been removed, or maybe should he have resigned?
    Maybe you should finally shut up about the Clintons.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35850
    10 Dec '17 10:51
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No, it's not acceptable, because it could lead to an abuse of power that results in a non-.consensual relationship.
    Thus the impeachment.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35850
    10 Dec '17 10:52
    Originally posted by @vivify
    "They do it to teachers"? Do you mean teachers who have sex with minors?

    Are you comparing a consensual affair between adults to statutory rape?
    Because, you know, Roy Moore is such a great guy.
Back to Top