1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 10:49
    Originally posted by @whodey
    As we all know, Bill Clinton was impeached over his wrong doings involving women, but he was never removed from office.

Should he have been removed, or maybe should he have resigned?
    Maybe you should finally shut up about the Clintons.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 10:51
    Originally posted by @vivify
    No, it's not acceptable, because it could lead to an abuse of power that results in a non-.consensual relationship.
    Thus the impeachment.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 10:52
    "They do it to teachers"? Do you mean teachers who have sex with minors?

Are you comparing a consensual affair between adults to statutory rape?
    Because, you know, Roy Moore is such a great guy.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:271 edit
    You'll need to post a link. Don't make such claims without sources.
    What claim? About age of consent?

Look it up yourself.

About teachers being thrown in jail if they have sex with students? Google it yourself.

Here is one link found on a Google search

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/high-court-teachers-cant-have-sex-with-students-even-an-18-year-old/
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:30
    Originally posted by @eladar
    What claim? About age of consent?

Look it up yourself.

About teachers being thrown in jail if they have sex with students? Google it yourself.
    Don't be stupid. You mentioned teachers being jailed for sex with 18 yr old students, or students who were the age of consent. That's a claim you need sources for.
  6. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:301 edit
    Don't be stupid. You mentioned teachers being jailed for sex with 18 yr old students, or students who were the age of consent. That's a claim you need sources for.
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/high-court-teachers-cant-have-sex-with-students-even-an-18-year-old/

You really are quite helpless.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:33
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    16 women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault.

Should he be impeached or resign?
    In the US you are not jailed based on accusations...you should know this.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:34
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/2006/06/18/is-teacher-student-sex-ok-if-student-is-18.html
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:391 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    16 women have accused Donald Trump of sexual assault.

Should he be impeached or resign?
    And about 12 for Bill Clinton.

Should Trump be treated differently because he had 4 more?

I'm sure both men are equally as guilty. The difference being, Dims fought to save the Presidency of Bill Clinton when he was impeached, but now fight to impeach a similar character in Trump.

Don't get me wrong, the GOP did not give a damn about the women Bill Clinton abused, they just wanted to attack him. The same can be said for Dims who are going after Trump.

How long did men like Conyers abuse women with impunity using taxpayer money to buy their silence again?

Care about women? Hilarious.

Then we have Al Franken who gets up their and makes an arse of himself again by showing virtually no remorse at his resignation speech and telling the world that at least some of the women were lying. Then he singles out Trump by saying that the irony is that he is resigning and Trump is not. That is the reason he stepped down, that and the fact he is a weasel and a coward to undergo any type of investigation.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:451 edit

You really are quite helpless.
    Okay. This is interesting. Not sure if I agree with the decision.

The man tried in the case didn't go jail. He did plead guilty to "coercion", which implies something non-consensual happened.

Do you have any links of teachers jailed for consensual sex with students of legal age?

Besides, this seems to only apply to teacher-student relationships involving school-age students. This is irrelevant to the OP.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 15:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Thus the impeachment.
    Clintons sexual affairs were not the grounds for his impeachment.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 16:08
    Okay. This is interesting. Not sure if I agree with the decision.

The man tried in the case didn't go jail. He did plead guilty to "coercion", which implies something non-consensual happened.

Do you have any links of teachers jailed for consensual sex with students of legal age?

Besides, this seems to only apply to teacher-student relationships involving school-age students. This is irrelevant to the OP.
    So you have no problem with making it illegal for adults on superior positions having sex with people who work for them?

As long as the person gets arrested and spends some time in jail until bail is posted, then suffer being accused in a court case, then that is fine?

What is good for teachers should be good for all.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 16:14
    www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/04/a_look_at_teacher-student_sex.html
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 16:17
    Originally posted by @whodey
    And about 12 for Bill Clinton.

Should Trump be treated differently because he had 4 more?

I'm sure both men are equally as guilty. The difference being, Dims fought to save the Presidency of Bill Clinton when he was impeached, but now fight to impeach a similar character in Trump.

Don't get me wrong, the GOP did not give a damn about the women Bill ...[text shortened]... tepped down, that and the fact he is a weasel and a coward to undergo any type of investigation.
    Trump has been impeached because of allegations of sexual assault?

I missed that.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    10 Dec '17 16:27
    So you have no problem with making it illegal for adults on superior positions having sex with people who work for them?

As long as the person gets arrested and spends some time in jail until bail is posted, then suffer being accused in a court case, then that is fine?

What is good for teachers should be good for all.
    Should it be illegal for all people in positions of power to engage in relationships with those under them? I don't know.

But one-size-fits-all approaches to laws are not wise. Individual circumstances should always be considered. In your article, a teacher having sex with a high school student isn't comparable to Clinton having sex with 22-year old intern at the White House.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree