1. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 21:574 edits
    "With the mayor of San Juan as bad as she is and as incompetent as she is, Puerto Rico shouldn't be talking about statehood until they get some people that really know what they're doing," Trump said in an interview with Rivera's show on Cleveland's WTAM radio.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-no-statehood-puerto-rico-critics-office-144107537--politics.html

According to Trump's line of thought, shouldn't the US have its nationhood revoked?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 Sep '18 23:26
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    "With the mayor of San Juan as bad as she is and as incompetent as she is, Puerto Rico shouldn't be talking about statehood until they get some people that really know what they're doing," Trump said in an interview with Rivera's show on Cleveland's WTAM radio.
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-no-statehood-puerto-rico-critics-office-144107537--politics.html

According to Trump's line of thought, shouldn't the US have its nationhood revoked?
    Munching popcorn while waiting for the rednecks to come in here saying, "The US is a country, not a state, dumbass."
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 02:37
    Within a week or two of the hurricane, when the atrocity that was the administration's response to the devastation in Puerto Rico had finally become plain for the world to see, I predicted that Puerto Rico would become a state within 10 years. I stand by my prediction. More than half the Puerto Rican population thinks (knows) that the response would have actually been serious if Puerto had had statehood, i.e., had representation in Congress (and the Electoral College) to leverage.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 07:35
    Originally posted by @wittywonka
    Within a week or two of the hurricane, when the atrocity that was the administration's response to the devastation in Puerto Rico had finally become plain for the world to see, I predicted that Puerto Rico would become a state within 10 years. I stand by my prediction. More than half the Puerto Rican population thinks (knows) that the response would have ...[text shortened]... had had statehood, i.e., had representation in Congress (and the Electoral College) to leverage.
    But the Puerto Rican people have wanted statehood
    for ages haven't they? Nothing has changed there.

And the US wants Puerto Rico now because ... ?

Incidently about 20% of the labour force pay federal taxes and the US collects
    $3 billion from Puerto Rico. Yet the US citizens there do not vote for President.

Didn't someone once say "No taxation without representation" ?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 09:58
    Originally posted by @thinkofone
    just being devil's advocate here; is it that Trump doesn't know what he's doing, isn't executing what he's doing very well, or that some people don't like what it is he is doing? From a numbers perspective, isn't the US economy looking pretty good?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 10:16
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    just being devil's advocate here; is it that Trump doesn't know what he's doing, isn't executing what he's doing very well, or that some people don't like what it is he is doing? From a numbers perspective, isn't the US economy looking pretty good?
    pockets full of gold are of no help when you are drowning in the mire of debauchery .
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 10:57
    Originally posted by @badradger
    pockets full of gold are of no help when you are drowning in the mire of debauchery .
    Who is drowning?
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 13:25
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Munching popcorn while waiting for the rednecks to come in here saying, "The US is a country, not a state, dumbass."
    nice cover
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    25 Sep '18 13:27
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    But the Puerto Rican people have wanted statehood
    for ages haven't they? Nothing has changed there.

And the US wants Puerto Rico now because ... ?

Incidently about 20% of the labour force pay federal taxes and the US collects
    $3 billion from Puerto Rico. Yet the US citizens there do not vote for President.

Didn't someone once say "No taxation without representation" ?
    do a paul Harvey here...the rest of the story...

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc901

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree