1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 16:23
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    From my experience, during the Vietnam war if a person was drafted they almost always went straight to the infantry or other combat arms designation. Better jobs went to people who enlisted for a longer time and were able to select what MOS they wanted.
    I saw some of the squireliest people you can imagine in the infantry, not exactly the pick of the l ...[text shortened]... be for front line combat duty unless they were some kind of freak that wanted to try out for it.
    So the process isn't any different in 2016? I mean, if someone is obese or clearly out of shape, will they still be given a gun? Wouldn't the military weed out who can battle on the front lines during training?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:05
    Originally posted by vivify
    So the process isn't any different in 2016? I mean, if someone is obese or clearly out of shape, will they still be given a gun? Wouldn't the military weed out who can battle on the front lines during training?
    If anything the entry process has become more stringent.They don't take people that are obese, and to graduate basic training you have to be in good enough shape to pass the physical fitness requirements. .
    You obviously know nothing about the military.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead

[b]Most 35 year olds couldn't do it unless they lowered the fitness requirements.

When an army starts drafting, they take what they can get.[/b]
    Actually they don't. Even during WW2 in the USA many were turned down as 4F, even if they wanted to go.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:28
    80% of people applying for US military service are currently being turned down, most because they are too fat or too stupid.
    http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/2014/05/14/80-of-military-recruitments-turned-down.html
  5. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:28
    If anything the entry process has become more stringent.They don't take people that are obese, and to graduate basic training you have to be in good enough shape to pass the physical fitness requirements. .
    Those that are obese wouldn't survive military training anyway, they'd kill themselves after getting bullied by the drill instructor.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:342 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Those that are obese wouldn't survive military training anyway, they'd kill themselves after getting bullied by the drill instructor.
    We had some fatties when I was in Army basic 45+ years ago......on forced marches they'd fall out gasping or have heat exhaustion, etc. Some trimmed down and made it, some were cashed out and sent home, some got recycled back to the start of training if they wanted it bad enough and were given extra time to drop the lard.
    Army was scraping the bottom of the barrel back then, not like it is today.
    (I know, haha, they took me didn't they LOL)
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:48
    "You obviously don't know anything about the military"

Why do you think I asked that question? You brought up military practices in the 60's in response to a topic going on in 2016. The fact that even you acknowledged the process is more stringent makes your irrelevant, which was the point of me asking that question.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 17:511 edit
    80% of people applying for US military service are currently being turned down, most because they are too fat or too stupid.
    http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/2014/05/14/80-of-military-recruitments-turned-down.html
    Thanks again. Your response trying to refute my comment about military standards, which included this:

"I saw some of the squireliest people you can imagine in the infantry, not exactly the pick of the litter."

is now irrelevant.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:014 edits
    Thanks again. Your response trying to refute my comment about military standards, which included this:

"I saw some of the squireliest people you can imagine in the infantry, not exactly the pick of the litter."

is now irrelevant.
    Touche..........hoisted on my own petard.
    Well it's fun reflecting about this stuff anyway.
    Did I mention that 10 years later I went into the Air Force and was a navigator on B-52's?
    Qualifications for that were a bit higher, I was surrounded by a much nicer crowd of people.
    If you know what I mean, wink wink nudge nudge say no more say no more.
    YouTube
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 18:462 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 19:362 edits
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    Why shouldn't a country be squeamish about sending it's young women off to war and seeing them come back chopped to bits or in body bags like men ?
    War is an ugly thing, and traditionally something only expected of men, because we have always allowed women one right,the right of decency. Combat requires many brutal, indecent things to be done, and before we cut into that cake and strip women of their right to remain safe, decent, and wholesome we need to think very hard about what kind of society we are becoming.

I have to get back to writing my book, Left Wing Tards And Why I Hate Them.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 19:584 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:52
    YES
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are women drafted for the NFL?
    NO. I believe the NBA experimented with a few female players in the draft, but none ever made a team.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Feb '16 20:59
    There may be a few MOS which are suitable for women, but I suspect not too many in combat. The truth is that not too many men are really suited to that either. Many men refuse to fire their weapons or curl up in a fetal position when faced with combat.

Combat is not a normal activity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree