1. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 18:24
    Sixteen states told Obama to shove the health care exchanges because of the complexity and expense. It may be up to twenty-five. They're pushing the exchanges back to the federal government. Meanwhile, the exchanges are estimated to take 2-3 years to build. Oklahoma has also sued the federal government, calling the state subsidies unconstitutional. Further, the lack of a online state exchange, where people are supposed to go to buy their health insurance, may leave people in those states that will not or cannot set up the exchange by 2014 unable to comply with the law.

Any ideas?
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 19:54
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Sixteen states told Obama to shove the health care exchanges because of the complexity and expense. It may be up to twenty-five. They're pushing the exchanges back to the federal government. Meanwhile, the exchanges are estimated to take 2-3 years to build. Oklahoma has also sued the federal government, calling the state subsidies unconstitutional. ...[text shortened]... t will not or cannot set up the exchange by 2014 unable to comply with the law.

Any ideas?
    It was contemplated by the PPACA that some States wouldn't set up exchanges. If they don't, the Feds will. I see no reason to believe that the exchanges won't be up and ready by the designated dates.
  3. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 20:09
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It was contemplated by the PPACA that some States wouldn't set up exchanges. If they don't, the Feds will. I see no reason to believe that the exchanges won't be up and ready by the designated dates.
    Today, there's no money in place to do it. Not to say it won't or can't be found, but it's
    Not there. To say nothing of the technical aspects of the law that will still face legal challenges.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Nov '12 20:31
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    Today, there's no money in place to do it. Not to say it won't or can't be found, but it's
    Not there. To say nothing of the technical aspects of the law that will still face legal challenges.
    It'll get done. Right wing States' obstruction efforts notwithstanding.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree