1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '13 23:07
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "he would not face the death penalty and not be
    tortured because (what a promise!) torture's illegal in the USA."

Not true. If it were illegal why would the promise be given? I would not believe any promise from my government anyway. Lying is what they do.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Justice/2012/0611/Supreme-Court-declines-case-accusing-Donald-Rumsfeld-of-torture

Torture is what empires like to do. They don't care about the constitution.

http://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2012/04/padi-a25.html
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 00:061 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 00:40
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    "Snowden knowingly committed a crime in the US."

What is the crime?
    He let the American people know that the government was trampling on their Constitutional rights to privacy when he swore to keep their secrets.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 07:08
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    "a court should determine his guilt"

Which court? The supreme court? The court that determined that torture is not punishment? LOL!
    I think Scalia should be executed for crimes against humanity, not merely impeached. Lets roll out the guillotine!

You are amusing my Dutch friend.
    I don't regard the American justice system very highly, but I would take it any day over the musings of an internet forum contributor. If you don't like the US justice system, vote for someone who wants to change it.
  5. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 09:22
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I don't regard the American justice system very highly, but I would take it any day over the musings of an internet forum contributor. If you don't like the US justice system, vote for someone who wants to change it.
    If it was not for Snowden I would not know that My govt in collusion with the U.S was spying on Me. I would invite Snowden to stay at my house, but given my govts toadying client status vis a vis the U.S I fear it would be a very short visit.
  6. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 13:121 edit
    Wonder what the Russians would do to Snowden if he was a Russian and leaked a buttload of their secrets ?
    I'm betting the US is going to start looking pretty good to him when he realizes he's never going to make 200 grand a year again.
    After he's debriefed he'll become a liability for Russia, what will they do with him then ?
  7. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 17:15
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Wonder what the Russians would do to Snowden if he was a Russian and leaked a buttload of their secrets ?
    I'm betting the US is going to start looking pretty good to him when he realizes he's never going to make 200 grand a year again.
    After he's debriefed he'll become a liability for Russia, what will they do with him then ?
    Keep Him in a life of luxury in order to wind you guys up, and encourage other whistleblower's, well that's what I would do if I was the Kremlin.
  8. Standard membersmw6869
    Granny
    Parts Unknown
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 18:09
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Well, at least Snowdon won't have to worry about being spied on by the Russian gov't.

GRANNY.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 20:37

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 20:431 edit

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 21:09

12. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 22:51
    That's true,a private life in Russia is better than prison in the US.
    But he left America because the NSA was doing something really horrible...keeping track of cell phone message to and from times and trying to watch out for unusual traffic. They weren't listening in, just watching the same info that the cell companies keep track of for billing purposes.
    Wow. How awful.
    Now the little whiner is in Russia, where he will be subject to scrutiny that he can't even begin to imagine.
    I'm glad he's there he deserves what he walked into.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Aug '13 23:35

14. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    04 Aug '13 00:114 edits
    Yes he will have a lot better life under Russian observation than he did living in the US and making a quarter million dollars a year I'm sure he will be very happy.
    Are you for real?
    I've met a dozen or so people over the years that came from the old Soviet Union and a few in more recent times from what's currently Russia.....none of them want to go back, it's why they are here in the US.
    Snowden is going to be one sorry little douchebag while he looks over his shoulder and checks behind mirrors for bugs. .
  15. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    04 Aug '13 00:204 edits
    I wish Mr Snowden well in Russia, I think they can appreciate his need for some protection.

I had a security type job for a while, which could of led to a very basic data spying role, but I really really didn't want that type of job, it seemed more precarious working for govt then it did in a company. I read up on MI5 & MI6 - the wiki articles on the Directors of both are very informative - but didn't paint it as a great place to work - they have a lot of infighting - you see that in companies plus James Jesus Angleton characters who suspected everyone a potential traitor.

How hard they are on Snowden in the US is a reflection of how hard they are on themselves - if they wish life in prison on him, they too could be facing that in an unfriendly country. Its a bit of a 'super human' job espionage. They are all to human - and can have big differences of opinion. (they could have lives like an Akon video if they wanted it)

From what I've read of the PRISM system it sounds like an aggregation of corporate data that was already out there - I think it better the US Govt be in charge of it then leaving it entirely to the companies. If it were a military system his disclosures would be very serious but its not as such.

I hope after some reflection the US Govt show some compassion towards him - He should go on trial but he has not robbed a convenience store at gunpoint, he tried his best in maybe a deluded way - if he faced 5 years or less in prison and a fair trial where he could well be found innocent and just looses his CIA job that sounds reasonable. It sounds like part of him wants that but just does not want to be locked up forever for it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree