1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '13 23:56
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Not true. Have you read the law. He can definitely serve time without an espionage charge and simply based on disclosure of classified material.
    I have read the 4th constitutional amendment and there is no probable cause. The classified information is unconstitutional, not that the constitution is respected anymore. PRISM is illegal but allowed under our fascist regime because the rule of law is not being followed because of severe corruption.
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 00:02
    I am referring to the Carter Executive Order you referenced in your OP. Thought you might pick that up.

Snowden goes to jail, whether or not American lives were jeopardized in this case. That is moot and not fundamental to whether Snowden broke the law.

Such a consideration may be incorporated in prosecutorial and sentencing discretions, but has ...[text shortened]... the government is violating your interpretation of the Constitution, it is ok to break the law.
    You are misinterpreting the Carter executive order. It prohibits what you mistakenly think it allows.

Did you read the espionage act?

http://theweek.com/article/index/246029/is-obama-abusing-the-espionage-act
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 00:07
    I noticed you sidestepped the point that there is no legal right or per se defense to breaking the law Snowden broke. Or generally, that he does not have the right to break any laws he wants to be a vigilante or personal enforcer.
    Once again, what laws did he break?

You once claimed he was guilty of theft because you thought he stole laptop computers and that was not true. You didn't post anything on that other thread after my post. Did you forget about that thread you created?
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 02:14
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I have read the 4th constitutional amendment and there is no probable cause. The classified information is unconstitutional, not that the constitution is respected anymore. PRISM is illegal but allowed under our fascist regime because the rule of law is not being followed because of severe corruption.
    You definitely go to jail for disclosing classified material -- without espionage and without selling the material. Just for the simple fact of disclosing classified material.

The 4th Amendment has nothing to do with it, and Snowden plainly cannot assert the 4th Amendment as a defense. That is nonsensical.

Snowden brought this on himself. He is such a narcissist. He could have easily got plenty of free legal help in a case like this without disclosing the classified material to show standing and file his own complaint in federal court
  5. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 02:16
    You are misinterpreting the Carter executive order. It prohibits what you mistakenly think it allows.

Did you read the espionage act?

http://theweek.com/article/index/246029/is-obama-abusing-the-espionage-act
    I made no interpretation or judgment of the Carter Executive Order. Instead, I merely stated that whatever old Executive Order, the executive branch can choose to apply or enforce it if they want. It is not up to Snowden to break the law to try to get an old Executive Order enforced.
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 02:17
    Once again, what laws did he break?

You once claimed he was guilty of theft because you thought he stole laptop computers and that was not true. You didn't post anything on that other thread after my post. Did you forget about that thread you created?
    He disclosed classified material to the press. That's against the law. Where have you been? Living under a rock?
  7. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 02:37
    One tof he laws Snowden is being charged under is 18 USC § 798 - Disclosure of classified information. Look it up.

1. Disclose classified information to unauthorized person; or

2. Not disclose classified information but use classified information against the US.

Even Snowden has admitted he broke the lawn
  8. Joined
    13 Aug '13
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 04:05

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 12:06
    You definitely go to jail for disclosing classified material -- without espionage and without selling the material. Just for the simple fact of disclosing classified material.

The 4th Amendment has nothing to do with it, and Snowden plainly cannot assert the 4th Amendment as a defense. That is nonsensical.

Snowden brought this on himself. He is suc ...[text shortened]... disclosing the classified material to show standing and file his own complaint in federal court
    "He is such a narcissist."

This proves how biased you are against Snowden and parrot what others say without thinking it through. There is no indication that he is a narcissist at all. This is another empty claim much like your false assertion that he stole laptop computers from the NSA. You are clearly a born follower with a herd instinct.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 12:09
    I made no interpretation or judgment of the Carter Executive Order. Instead, I merely stated that whatever old Executive Order, the executive branch can choose to apply or enforce it if they want. It is not up to Snowden to break the law to try to get an old Executive Order enforced.
    "I made no interpretation or judgment of the Carter Executive Order."

You are being dishonest. You clearly pointed to the Carter executive order in error. You hastily judged it as meaning the opposite of what it really means. You are very sloppy in your judgments.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '13 12:14
    One tof he laws Snowden is being charged under is 18 USC § 798 - Disclosure of classified information. Look it up.

1. [b]Disclose classified information to unauthorized person
    ; or

2. Not disclose classified information but use classified information against the US.

Even Snowden has admitted he broke the lawn[/b]
    Well at least this is progress since you made the claim he broke 3 different laws in another thread and now you have reduced that to 1.

"Even Snowden has admitted he broke the lawn"

Your typo aside, what is your source of information that Snowden admitted he broke the law? You keep making that claim and you never back up that claim.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '13 13:33
    Before he was President, Obama Championed Extensive Surveillance Reforms.

http://www.juancole.com/2013/08/championed-surveillance-brandeisky.html

In a rare public filing in the secret Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC), the Justice Department today urged continued secrecy for a 2011 FISC opinion that found the National Security Agency's surveillance under the FISA Amendments Act to be unconstitutional. Significantly, the surveillance at issue was carried out under the same controversial legal authority that underlies the NSA’s recently-revealed PRISM program.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/06/government-says-secret-court-opinion-law-underlying-prism-program-needs-stay

In 2004 the Justice Department had determined Bush's domestic surveillance program was illegal.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/15/AR2007051500864.html
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '13 12:45
    Rep. Tom McClintock calls for amnesty for Edward Snowden.

http://www.latimes.com/local/political/la-me-pc-mcclintock-snowden-20130812,0,2128316.story?track=rss

That would be the fair thing to do, but Snowden would probably be assassinated soon after he returned. Ibragim Todashev was assassinated for much less.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2013/07/16/fbi-bars-florida-from-releasing-autopsy-report-shooting-todashev-friend-marathon-bombing-suspect/ya3iB1u4t2YQYN9wfMVseJ/story.html

http://inserbia.info/news/2013/08/father-of-ibrahim-todashev-arrives-in-us-plans-to-sue-fbi/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree