1. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 12:42
    It should be banned and cursed by Pope Francisco until people are still suffering from thirst in Africa.

Each visitor of Premier League should pay for a sandwich-a-day for hungry people in Africa.

Who could sit in their armchairs yesterday and watch I round of Premier Soccer League and watch underground sprinklers elevating immediately after I half was over and fat spectators chewing greasy pies like it was their last wish in front of firing squad.

Boooooooooh!
  2. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 13:46
    Originally posted by @vandervelde
    It should be banned and cursed by Pope Francisco until people are still suffering from thirst in Africa.

Each visitor of Premier League should pay for a sandwich-a-day for hungry people in Africa.

Who could sit in their armchairs yesterday and watch I round of Premier Soccer League and watch underground sprinklers elevating immediately after I ha ...[text shortened]... tors chewing greasy pies like it was their last wish in front of firing squad.

Boooooooooh!
    There are no fat people in Europe, only in the US.
  3. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 15:43
    Originally posted by @vandervelde

Who could sit in their armchairs yesterday and watch I round of Premier Soccer League and watch underground sprinklers elevating immediately after I ha ...[text shortened]... ors chewing greasy pies like it was their last wish in front of firing squad.

Boooooooooh!
    e
    It's called football ,and what's the difference between working class people munching greasy pies and unelected EU politicians quaffing on champagne on the tax payers behalf ?.
    The difference is that most football fans have done an honest days work .
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 16:21
    Originally posted by @phil3000
    It's called football ,and what's the difference between working class people munching greasy pies and unelected EU politicians quaffing on champagne on the tax payers behalf ?.
    The difference is that most football fans have done an honest days work .
    It's called soccer.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 16:23
    Originally posted by @eladar
    It's called soccer.
    Not by most of the world.
  6. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 16:30
    It's called soccer.
    It's called football and your American football should be called American rugby or,men in tights ball .
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 16:332 edits
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Not by most of the world.
    Who cares? We thew off European rule first, that's why we have the correct name.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 16:40
    Who cares? We through off European rule first, that's why we have the correct name.
    And the "correct" Imperial measurement system, right? 😀
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 17:05
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    And the "correct" Imperial measurement system, right? 😀
    Just explaining why we are different.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 19:35
    Originally posted by @phil3000
    It's called football and your American football should be called American rugby or,men in tights ball .
    I'd go with throw ball or run ball or goal ball, but yes, soccer deserves the word "football" more so than American football due to the far greater role of the feet in game play.

Whatever it's called, though, the NFL is just 4 weeks away, baby! Can't wait!
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 20:23
    Originally posted by @sh76
    I'd go with throw ball or run ball or goal ball, but yes, soccer deserves the word "football" more so than American football due to the far greater role of the feet in game play.

Whatever it's called, though, the NFL is just 4 weeks away, baby! Can't wait!
    Normally I'm ambivalent because when football season starts it means summer is over.

However, since it has pretty much rained every goddamn weekend in my area, it doesn't feel like there has been a summer (at least one where you could do anything that didn't involve sitting under an umbrella).

So bring it on (one last chance next weekend for a day at the track on the off-chance the weather cooperates).
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 20:34
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Normally I'm ambivalent because when football season starts it means summer is over.

However, since it has pretty much rained every goddamn weekend in my area, it doesn't feel like there has been a summer (at least one where you could do anything that didn't involve sitting under an umbrella).

So bring it on (one last chance next weekend for a day at the track on the off-chance the weather cooperates).
    Stupid global warming
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:10
    Stupid global warming
    Indeed. Increased rainfall is a predicted result of global warming.
  14. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:111 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder

It's been and cool down here too. I haven't noticed the rain, though. I don't mind a little drizzle now and then even when I'm outside as long as it's not raining hard all day.

All in all, it's been a beautiful summer here for those of us who don't like the heat.

And since I LOVE Fall and LOVE Football, September-November is my favorite time of year.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Aug '17 21:31
    Originally posted by @sh76
    It's been and cool down here too. I haven't noticed the rain, though. I don't mind a little drizzle now and then even when I'm outside as long as it's not raining hard all day.

All in all, it's been a beautiful summer here for those of us who don't like the heat.

And since I LOVE Fall and LOVE Football, September-November is my favorite time of year.
    If it's under 80 I have a jacket or sweatshirt on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree