1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 20:02
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/politics/scott-walker-drops-out-republican-donors/index.html

I remember telling someone (I think it was sh76) that I didn't think that Walker was crazy enough to get the Tea Baggers or establishment enough to get the rest of the Republicans and that his poll numbers would fade. I did not expect him to bail so early though; there's some indication his campaign was run as poorly as Wisconsin financially.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    22 Sep '15 21:381 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/21/politics/scott-walker-drops-out-republican-donors/index.html

I remember telling someone (I think it was sh76) that I didn't think that Walker was crazy enough to get the Tea Baggers or establishment enough to get the rest of the Republicans and that his poll numbers would fade. I did not expect him to bail so early though; there's some indication his campaign was run as poorly as Wisconsin financially.
    Having watched him in both debates all I can say he doesn't have the right stuff. Looking Presidential is as important as being Presidential and with the whole country profiling the role, given previous selections, I just don't see it.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:12
    If only he had been a community organizer.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 00:30
    Originally posted by no1marauder

His record in Wisconsin was dammed good. But he didn't light it up as a national candidate, and I think he serves as an example to other single digit candidates.
  5. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 03:503 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    His record in Wisconsin was dammed good. But he didn't light it up as a national candidate, and I think he serves as an example to other single digit candidates.
    His record in Wisconsin was dammed good.
    lol, Do you ever do any research before opening your pie hole? So tell us, what is so damn good with how Scott Walker has destroyed Wisconsin ? This will be good, I am sure. If you want to see good, look at their neighbor Minnesota. Once Minnesota
    smartened up and got rid of the Republicans, They have been on a upward climb ever since. Over 1 billion surplus in their budget this year alone. Scott walkers budget is - 2 billion.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 05:21
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    [b]His record in Wisconsin was dammed good.
    lol, Do you ever do any research before opening your pie hole? So tell us, what is so damn good with how Scott Walker has destroyed Wisconsin ? This will be good, I am sure. If you want to see good, look at their neighbor Minnesota. Once Minnesota
    smartened up and got rid of the Republicans, They ha ...[text shortened]... . Over 1 billion surplus in their budget this year alone. Scott walkers budget is - 2 billion.[/b]
    Also, a good part of that probably has to do with his crusade against unions.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 05:521 edit
    [b]His record in Wisconsin was dammed good.
    smartened up and got rid of the Republicans, They ha ...[text shortened]... . Over 1 billion surplus in their budget this year alone. Scott walkers budget is - 2 billion.[/b]
    I agree that Gov. Mark Dayton of Minnesota seems to be doing a better job than Gov. Walker. However, Minnesota is still $3 billion more in debt than Wisconsin. That means the debt per citizen is about $1 thousand more in Minnesota.

I doubt if getting rid of all Republicans will make things better. A one party dictatorship is not what we really want.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 05:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I agree that Gov. Mark Dayton of Minnesota seems to be doing a better job than Gov. Walker. However, Minnesota is still $3 billion more in debt than Wisconsin. That means the debt per citizen is about $1 thousand more in Minnesota.
    KingDavid403 just said that Minnesota has a $1 billion surplus this year and that Wisconsin has a $2 billion debt. Are you saying that Minnesota is actually $5 billion in debt? One-third the national debt? I find that hard to believe.

He says that Wisconsin is $3 billion more in debt than Minnesota and you say the opposite. Who are we to believe?

Can we get a fact-checker over here?
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 06:28
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    KingDavid403 just said that Minnesota has a $1 billion surplus this year and that Wisconsin has a $2 billion debt. Are you saying that Minnesota is actually $5 billion in debt? One-third the national debt? I find that hard to believe.

He says that Wisconsin is $3 billion more in debt than Minnesota and you say the opposite. Who are we to believe?

Can we get a fact-checker over here?
    KingDavid403 was talking about the state budgets. I was referring to the state debts. The Wisconsin state debt is over $51 billion and the Minnesota state debt is about $55 billion. The U.S. national debt is over $18 trillion and growing fast because of interest.
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 06:31
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    KingDavid403 was talking about the state budgets. I was referring to the state debts. The Wisconsin state debt is over $51 billion and the Minnesota state debt is about $55 billion. The U.S. national debt is over $18 trillion and growing fast because of interest.
    You are correct. Budgets do not equal amount of debt. And yeah, billion with a b is not trillion with a t.

Mea culpa.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 19:37
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You are correct. Budgets do not equal amount of debt. And yeah, billion with a b is not trillion with a t.

Mea culpa.
    Budgets are not actual spending, and it isn't fair to compare Walker, a former governor to a current governor. During his tenor in office Walker dealt with a very antagonistic legislature, and big city newspapers that were against him, and he still got things done which benefited most citizens of his State.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 19:448 edits
    Budgets are not actual spending, and it isn't fair to compare Walker, a former governor to a current governor. During his tenor in office Walker dealt with a very antagonistic legislature, and big city newspapers that were against him, and he still got things done which benefited most citizens of his State.
    Walker is the CURRENT governor of Wisconsin. 🙄 I know it's hard to tell. He got things done alright; lost jobs, lost companies, most of his personal staff went to jail or were found guilty of felony's, Made the police, firefighters, and teachers enemy's of the state, -2 billion dollar budget. Oh yeah, A real winner. NOT! Yep, he helped the wealthy alright, by giving them Hugh tax cuts; however, that is the only people he helped. The working and poorer classes have been screwed over by Walker. He is nothing but a Koch brothers puppet, who I am sure, pocketed millions by being one.
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:16
    Walker is the CURRENT governor of Wisconsin. 🙄 I know it's hard to tell. He got things done alright; lost jobs, lost companies, most of his personal staff went to jail or were found guilty of felony's, Made the police, firefighters, and teachers enemy's of the state, -2 billion dollar budget. Oh yeah, A real winner. NOT! Yep, he helped the wealth ...[text shortened]... alker. He is nothing but a Koch brothers puppet, who I am sure, pocketed millions by being one.
    A Yahoo search tells me that the Wisconsin budget is $68B not $2B, and probably would have been a lot more if it weren't for Walker's 57 line item vetoes. All the public unions are mad at him because unlike his Democrat predecessors, he didn't prostrate himself to their demands.

There really aren't a lot of rich people in Wisconsin. It is largely an agricultural State, with a good bit of tourism thrown in. I have friends who live there who are decidedly not in Koch brothers territory who approved of what Scott Walker did for Wisconsin.

Walker ruined the gravy train that the public unions had, and for that those powerful unions sought retribution.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:282 edits
    A Yahoo search tells me that the Wisconsin budget is $68B not $2B, and probably would have been a lot more if it weren't for Walker's 57 line item vetoes. All the public unions are mad at him because unlike his Democrat predecessors, he didn't prostrate himself to their demands.

There really aren't a lot of rich people in Wisconsin. It is largely an ag ...[text shortened]... e gravy train that the public unions had, and for that those powerful unions sought retribution.
    You have no idea what you are talking about. You did not even know Scott Walker is still the current Governor. The budget deficit is over 2 billion. - +2 billion! I live less than a hour from Wisconsin and I go there often. I have MANY friends from Wisconsin. He fooled many for a long time; however, his days are over next election. "Another one bites the dust, Hey Hey" 🙂 What he has done to Wisconsin, is why he had to back out of his Presidential run. I'll give Trump credit on this one, he pegged Scott Walker in the debates to the tee and Walker left his presidential run with tears and bitterness. LOL
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Sep '15 20:30
    Buy California Cheese

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree