Soundbites - anathema to democracy?

Soundbites - anathema to democracy?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S
Done Asking

Washington, D.C.

Moves
28 May 09
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Just post the link to the web site you cribbed from and don't be such a booboo. 26 separate unoriginal posts? Are you waiting to field our questions on each one?

🙄

LOL! What a twat! 😀😀😀
what a frivolous Mr. Rogers you are. There isn['t a serious bit of thought rattling around in that mainly empty head of yours -- just a pose as our master of ceremonies, our community leader, our buddy, chum, and elementary school principal.

but this isn't Mr. Rogers' neighborhood, Fred.

You criticize the quotes because you cannot be bothered to discuss any one of them. And that is because this little thread game you've launched is disguised, as most of what you do here is, either as a dignified, serious bit of intellectual work, or a "game" or a satire -- depending on what reaction you get. The story changes depending on that reaction.

You are a natural at dodge ball.

In fact, most of what you do is strut around the stage as though you were in a bad melodrama -- always seeking to be the center of attention, ragging on others with the very issues that apply to yourself.

You are all smoke and mirrors.

You are a good example of why Mencken once said that democracy is running the zoo from the monkey cage.

Pretense to knowledge -- but, Fred, your cardigan looks rather worn. Your slippers have holes in their soles, your games aren't amusing and your humor is non-existent.

In short, you are a lightweight, a twit

F

Moves
28 May 09
2 edits

Originally posted by Scriabin
You criticize the quotes because you cannot be bothered to discuss any one of them. And that is because this little thread game you've launched is disguised, as most of what you do here is, either as a dignified, serious bit of intellectual work, or a "game" or a satire -- depending on what reaction you get. The story changes depending on that reaction.
Whatever you say, Scriabin.

Not sure what you're on about, though. This thread seems to be going OK. Just of bit of harmlessly contrived to and fro'ing between KazetNagorra, kmax87, divegeester, sh76, generalissimo, rwingett, utherpendragon, Siskin, shavixmir, spruce112358, Melanerpes, adam warlock, normbenign and myself. Maybe no one has responded to your posts because you just cut & paste stuff by other people from some web site somewhere rather than join in. Don't take it so hard.

F

Moves
28 May 09

Originally posted by spruce112358
Oil is stored sunlight. Money is stored work.

[8 words]
Oil's stored sunlight. Money's stored work. People are commodities.

[9 words]

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
29 May 09

Originally posted by FMF
Unfairly distributed money precludes justice-education-health! Poor people smell the glove!

[10 words]
Justice-education-health-mom-pop-white-picket-fence-apple-pie-the America-you-were-never-meant-to-dream.

[1 word]

M

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by sh76
GM was innovative and successful; now it's old and tired.
buggy whips were once important

M

Moves
01 Jun 09

no disguise - the thread is what it is

g

Pepperland

Moves
01 Jun 09

what a frivolous Mr. Rogers you are. There isn['t a serious bit of thought rattling around in that mainly empty head of yours -- just a pose as our master of ceremonies, our community leader, our buddy, chum, and elementary school principal.

but this isn't Mr. Rogers' neighborhood, Fred.

You criticize the quotes because you cannot be bothered to discu ...[text shortened]... aren't amusing and your humor is non-existent.

In short, you are a lightweight, a twit
yeah, we all know FMF is a joker, there is no need to make a big deal out of it.

F

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by generalissimo
yeah, we all know FMF is a joker, there is no need to make a big deal out of it.
Oh my cheeks are flushed red. I feel like a damsel in distress.

Blade Runner

Republicants

Moves
01 Jun 09

Originally posted by FMF
Oh my cheeks are flushed red. I feel like a damsel in distress.
There you go again confusing your gender! What's this dress got to do with it?

F

Moves
02 Jun 09

Originally posted by kmax87
There you go again confusing your gender! What's this dress got to do with it?
My genders shouldn't negatively impact my run for office.

[9 words]

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
02 Jun 09

Originally posted by Melanerpes
no disguise - the thread is what it is
But must it always be as it now is?

[9 words]

F

Moves
02 Jun 09

Originally posted by sh76
But must it always be as it now is?

[9 words]
Ladies. Gentlemen. These questions remain. "Must it"? "Always?" Like now"?

[10 words]

M

Moves
03 Jun 09

in the end, the questions always remain

e

Moves
05 Jun 09

No time to post, but I couldn't resist: 1000 moves!

(10 words)

e

Moves
05 Jun 09

Originally posted by adam warlock
Democracy should be direct not representative.

[6 words]
there's a scary though:
populism everywhere
scapegoating prevalent
panderers rewarded