1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 03:22
    So, now that the beast is starving...what now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starve_the_beast
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 03:261 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    So, now that the beast is starving...what now?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starve_the_beast
    The beast is starving? LOL.

I always enjoyed the Clinton clip where he says that the era of big government has come to an end. Hilarious.

The beast prints its own food ATY.
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 03:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    The beast is starving? LOL.

I always enjoyed the Clinton clip where he says that the era of big government has come to an end. Hilarious.

The beast prints its own food ATY.
    Are you suggesting the government print enough money to pay the national debt?
  4. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:00
    We could always sell China Hawaii? The way the current administration is going through money, they may get Alaska as well..
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:01
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    We could always sell China Hawaii? The way the current administration is going through money, they may get Alaska as well..
    Is that part of the decades long conservative Starve the Beast strategy? I doubt it.

Starve the Beast is intended to lead to the abolishment of Social Security, Medicare and other "entitlements".
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:05
    No, they have no intention of ever paying it. All they are concerned with is going to Uncle Ben's check cashing to keep up with minimum payments.
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:06
    No, they have no intention of ever paying it. All they are concerned with is going to Uncle Ben's check cashing to keep up with minimum payments.
    Conservatives don't intend to pay the bills? That's not very traditionally conservative.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:07
    Is that part of the decades long conservative Starve the Beast strategy? I doubt it.

Starve the Beast is intended to lead to the abolishment of Social Security, Medicare and other "entitlements".
    My guess is that they intend on getting everyone dependent and then begin to wean us all down. It's a nice DNC/GOP tag team effort
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:08
    Conservatives don't intend to pay the bills? That's not very traditionally conservative.
    In Washington? Where?
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 04:32
    My guess is that they intend on getting everyone dependent and then begin to wean us all down. It's a nice DNC/GOP tag team effort
    The DNC has nothing to do with the Starve the Beast strategy.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 13:28
    The DNC has nothing to do with the Starve the Beast strategy.
    Who just passed the "W" tax cuts? Hmm? Obummer, did, that's who.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    31 Aug '12 22:19

The last time anyone did anything positive to shore up the Social Security and Medicare programs was under Ronald Reagan.

Increasing taxes, or reducing benefits are the only means of bring the entitlements under control. The Democratic strategy has always been to shut down discussion of the problem by accusing Republicans of wanting to abolish the twin entitlements. Medicare alone will consume more than 80% of the Federal budget by 2075. It isn't a question of abolishing anything. It will consume itself in short order unless compromises are made.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Sep '12 04:39
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    If we sold them Hawaii, California, Mass., and Illinois, it would be a win-win situation all way round, even if we didn't get much money for them.
  14. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:51
    That's precisely what they can do. And destroy the wealth of savers in the process.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    31 Oct '12 22:56
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    That's precisely what they can do. And destroy the wealth of savers in the process.
    Is that your recommendation as a responsible conservative? Of course not you are being sarcastic. No I want to know what responsible conservatives want the US government to do. Not pay the bills?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree