1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 12:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    I took your que and went to the grocery instead of watching it.

You won't believe this, but I got a two for one deal on a gallon of milk!

Take that Obama!! 😠

Honestly, I don't know why people watch this garbage. Do we not get enough propaganda from the press?
    You got a 2 for 1 deal on milk??

Was it past the expiration date or something?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 13:56
    Originally posted by sh76
    You got a 2 for 1 deal on milk??

Was it past the expiration date or something?
    Curses!! It expires tomorrow.

It's OK though, just so long as there are no chunks.

Incidentally, what were all those green ribbons for at the State of the Union? What exactly does is symbolize or do they think it looks fashionable?
  3. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 14:06
    Originally posted by whodey
    Curses!! It expires tomorrow.

It's OK though, just so long as there are no chunks.

Incidentally, what were all those green ribbons for at the State of the Union? What exactly does is symbolize or do they think it looks fashionable?
    Green is the new pink.
  4. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 17:35
    I like that he's emphasizing not spending more money. I guess they showed him the deficit numbers.

Job creation is important. It's good that it's being emphasized.
    The government does not create jobs.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 22:10
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why can't it? It's not the most efficient job creator but if it can generate jobs doing things it ought to be doing anyway, why not?
  6. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Feb '13 22:251 edit
    Okay, let's go.
    I agree the deficit is much too high, however let's look at the unemployment rate for the last for the last 60 months, and ask ourselves if we're headed in the right direction. I think the gun issue is going nowhere, but ask yourself: Do we really want to return to the last 2 years of the G.W. Bush admin's economic situation? I guess it's all in how you look at it. 🙂
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 02:40
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Actually the government has hired thousands since Obama came to power.

The private sector is another matter.....
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 02:411 edit
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Green is the new pink.
    Does the green stand for money? If so, have they no shame?
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 05:01
    Originally posted by bill718
    I agree the deficit is much too high, however let's look at the unemployment rate for the last for the last 60 months, and ask ourselves if we're headed in the right direction. I think the gun issue is going nowhere, but ask yourself: Do we really want to return to the last 2 years of the G.W. Bush admin's economic situation? I guess it's all in how you look at it. 🙂
    Right direction is not good enough. So unemployment was wayyyyy too high and now it's just much too high. Big deal. It's been over 4 years; time to stop blaming everything on Bush. I'm not saying Obama has done a terrible job, but I don't see how any honest assessment can say he's done a very good job. Maybe he's earned a B-.

Comparisons to the last 2 years of Bush aren't fair. A fair comparison is the entirety of the Bush administration vs. the entirety of the Obama administration. At this point, I'd have to give the edge to Bush. You want to give a pass to Obama and not count 2009 and even 2010? Fine. It's still a dead heat, at best.
  10. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 16:52
    Right direction is not good enough. So unemployment was wayyyyy too high and now it's just much too high. Big deal. It's been over 4 years; time to stop blaming everything on Bush. I'm not saying Obama has done a terrible job, but I don't see how any honest assessment can say he's done a very good job. Maybe he's earned a B-.

Comparisons to the last 2 years ...[text shortened]... pass to Obama and not count 2009 and even 2010? Fine. It's still a dead heat, at best.
    I can live with that. Has the snow melted in NY Yet?
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    14 Feb '13 20:39
    Originally posted by bill718
    I can live with that. Has the snow melted in NY Yet?
    Not yet, but it's a gorgeous day out today. 45 degrees and sunny.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree