1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    29 Dec '15 23:45
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-wozniak-bernie-sanders_55e59df0e4b0c818f61904de
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    30 Dec '15 12:311 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-wozniak-bernie-sanders_55e59df0e4b0c818f61904de
    He did screw up financially with that move in 85. Jobs ends up a billionaire and Stevie, a poor 100 million. Maybe we should donate some money to HIS cause.....
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    31 Dec '15 18:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    He did screw up financially with that move in 85. Jobs ends up a billionaire and Stevie, a poor 100 million. Maybe we should donate some money to HIS cause.....
    I suspect he's doing fine.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 15:22
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I suspect he's doing fine.
    I imagine so. He never wanted to really be part of the Apple as it became.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 16:48
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Jobs' billions didn't prevent him from being a retard and refusing cancer treatment.
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 17:10
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Jobs' billions didn't prevent him from being a retard and refusing cancer treatment.
    Treatments for cancer aren't trivial. For example, an adverse effect one can get from chemotherapy is mucositis, mouth ulcers in plain English. These vary in severity from annoying, through painful, to fatal. Interestingly one of the best preventative treatments is a mouth full of unflavoured ice during the chemo - the theory is that it restricts blood supply and so less of the cytotoxin is delivered there. I can understand someone wanting to avoid conventional cancer treatments. Whether his decision was an entirely rational one is open for debate, but I don't think it was automatically irrational.
  7. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    01 Jan '16 19:13
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Treatments for cancer aren't trivial. For example, an adverse effect one can get from chemotherapy is mucositis, mouth ulcers in plain English. These vary in severity from annoying, through painful, to fatal. Interestingly one of the best preventative treatments is a mouth full of unflavoured ice during the chemo - the theory is that it restricts bloo ...[text shortened]... an entirely rational one is open for debate, but I don't think it was automatically irrational.
    There was an NPR story on Carter's treatment - boosting the immunity system to take out the cancer cells. Won't work for all types of cancer, but this is the first significant development of a cure which isn't of the basic 3: cutting it out, burning it out, poisoning it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree