1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:51
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/

A white supremacist site has been taken off line as it was deemed a hate site that promoted violence.

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their rhetoric that is perceived to encourage violence? As detestable as these people are, is free speech under attack here?

My only question would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 10:58
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/26/stormfront-internets-longest-running-white-suprema/

A white supremacist site has been taken off line as it was deemed a hate site that promoted violence.

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their ...[text shortened]... tion would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.
    Shav: "Yes. Tomorrow is international punch a fascist bastard day!"
  3. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 12:17
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Shav: "Yes. Tomorrow is international punch a fascist bastard day!"
    Yup.
    Although it's morally wrong to punch a nazi, it's equally morally wrong not to.

I'm all for expanding it to republicants on this site, however, just because you are a moron.
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 12:20

Is this a good thing? My only question is, what is considered promoting violence? Are people encouraging others to engage in violence, or is it their ...[text shortened]... tion would be, what is being considered "encouraging violence"? The article did not elaborate.
    I never saw their site, so I can't comment on whether they were promoting violence or not.

I can't imagine taking the site down is the way to go though.
    Don't want the rats scurrying underground, do we?

Nope. Out in the open for all to laugh at, that's best.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 14:40
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I never saw their site, so I can't comment on whether they were promoting violence or not.

I can't imagine taking the site down is the way to go though.
    Don't want the rats scurrying underground, do we?

Nope. Out in the open for all to laugh at, that's best.
    It seems the rats have come to RedHotPawn instead.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 14:47
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Wut?
  7. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 14:48
    Originally posted by @shavixmir

...Although it's morally wrong to punch a nazi, it's equally morally wrong not to...
    Brilliant! Have a up-vote
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 15:05
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Wut?
    Hahaha
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 15:501 edit

This is hopefully a prelude to taking down other domestic terrorist groups Antifa/Black Lives Matter/By Any Means Necessary etc..

War.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 17:171 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 17:22
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    why?
  12. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 17:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    They are all hateful and violent groups advocating and engaging in street violence.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 17:35
    Originally posted by @sleepyguy
    They are all hateful and violent groups advocating and engaging in street violence.
    When has BLM "advocated street violence"?
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 17:41

It was a decision made by the owner of the site, after tolerating them for a long time. I have read that he even expressed regret and said he was in a bad mood at the time.

However, this is a privately owned site. Why do owner have a duty to host such material if it conflicts with their values so severely?

Among other things, they are bad for business - driving away advertising revenue. Now that can't be good!
  15. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    29 Aug '17 19:241 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    And Mooses too. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree