1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 19:26
    This was what really seemed to upset bin Laden. How would things have played out without Western intervention at that time?
  2. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 19:28
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    This was what really seemed to upset bin Laden. How would things have played out without Western intervention at that time?
    Bin Laden was upset about the stationing of the military in Saudi Arabia that was used in that war. I don't remember any mention of him being mad at that specific intervention, although he didn't like western intervention into the middle east in general.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 21:08
    Well, it wasn't going to happen. As weak as the UN is sometimes, it wasn't going to let one of its member states just disappear.

But I think Bin Laden would have been just as bloodthirsty no matter what. He was angry over the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, and fought them. His followers, many of them, don't distinguish between the Soviet Union and the rest of the west.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 21:25
    The angry young man will find an excuse.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    14 Sep '11 21:30
    I'm more interested in how the war would have played out.
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '11 23:16
    If memory serves me, Bin laden went to the Saudis and told them he could kick Saddam out of Kuwait, and they basically laughed at him....?
    he used as example his fight with the Russians... however the saudis weren't impressed by his plans... which only furthered his anger...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree