Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 19 Mar '15 12:14 / 2 edits
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000260/Starbucks-PR-fail-Twitter-mockery-causes-coffee-executive-delete-account-customers-say-NOT-want-talk-racism-ordering-coffee.html#ixzz3Ulvb2iIB

    It now appears that the brain dead left has struck again. Employees are now encouraged to strike up conversations with customers about race related issues.

    Even though I never go there, I'm thinking about doing so now. Here is a list of questions I have.

    1. Was Harry Reid correct when he said that Obama was elected ONLY because he was light skinned and did not have a negro dialect?

    2. Why are all Republicans racists as the NAACP says it is?

    3. Does the fact that Obama is half white devil make you like him less?

    Or I thought about walking in dressed in a white sheet and hood.

    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
  2. 19 Mar '15 13:05
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000260/Starbucks-PR-fail-Twitter-mockery-causes-coffee-executive-delete-account-customers-say-NOT-want-talk-racism-ordering-coffee.html#ixzz3Ulvb2iIB

    It now appears that the brain dead left has struck again. Employees are now encouraged to strike up conversations with customers about race related issues.

    Even th ...[text shortened]... ssed in a white sheet and hood.

    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
    i am more concerned employees were encouraged to talk at all with customers.


    i give you money, you give me coffee. end of transaction.
  3. 19 Mar '15 13:15
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000260/Starbucks-PR-fail-Twitter-mockery-causes-coffee-executive-delete-account-customers-say-NOT-want-talk-racism-ordering-coffee.html#ixzz3Ulvb2iIB

    It now appears that the brain dead left has struck again. Employees are now encouraged to strike up conversations with customers about race related issues.

    Even th ...[text shortened]... ssed in a white sheet and hood.

    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
    Number two is easy:
    Dems and libtards discovered a long time ago that they can win all arguments by declaring Republicans/Conservatives to be racist.
    Just ignore the issues and cry racism= automatic win.
    This also works a lot in school when students are being sent to the office or suspended and it gets a surprising amount of use in court when sentencing comes up.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    19 Mar '15 13:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000260/Starbucks-PR-fail-Twitter-mockery-causes-coffee-executive-delete-account-customers-say-NOT-want-talk-racism-ordering-coffee.html#ixzz3Ulvb2iIB

    It now appears that the brain dead left has struck again. Employees are now encouraged to strike up conversations with customers about race related issues.

    Even th ...[text shortened]... ssed in a white sheet and hood.

    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
    It must have taken a very special mind to come up with that idea.

    Very special.
  5. 19 Mar '15 13:29
    Originally posted by whodey
    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
    Neither. A good conversation requires you to be willing to listen sometimes.
  6. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    19 Mar '15 17:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3000260/Starbucks-PR-fail-Twitter-mockery-causes-coffee-executive-delete-account-customers-say-NOT-want-talk-racism-ordering-coffee.html#ixzz3Ulvb2iIB

    It now appears that the brain dead left has struck again. Employees are now encouraged to strike up conversations with customers about race related issues.

    Even th ...[text shortened]... ssed in a white sheet and hood.

    Which approach do you think best to strike up a conversation?
    Whodey...you have an above average chess rating. It's too bad this does not translate into an above average accuracy of the things you read, and report on here. Howard Schultz was encouraging his employees to discuss the subject of race as a way of getting people to open up about their feelings and views on the subject, nothing more. While I have some misgivings about doing this due to it's sensitive nature, Mr. Schultz was not encouraging discussions about any of the subject matter you've listed. Mr. Schultz is a very successful business man who doesn't give a hoot about politics, so calling him part of the "brain dead left" is not only inaccurate, but pretty silly.

    I'd like to think you post these things on RHP just to bother people, because if you really do believe them, I'm worried for you.
  7. 19 Mar '15 17:31
    Originally posted by bill718
    Whodey...you have an above average chess rating. It's too bad this does not translate into an above average accuracy of the things you read, and report on here. Howard Schultz was encouraging his employees to discuss the subject of race as a way of getting people to open up about their feelings and views on the subject, nothing more. While I have some misgiv ...[text shortened]... things on RHP just to bother people, because if you really do believe them, I'm worried for you.
    According to Purdy (who also had an above average chess rating) chess skill and intelligence are totally different things.

    What amazes me is that things that have to do with race (pro diversity or pro freedom) are not determined by law, but are being treated as if they are law. It is truly amazing to see how one group of people can force their will on another group without actually have law on their side.

    I suppose it is just the other side of the coin when it comes to racism. The only difference between today and the 50's is who is in charge.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    19 Mar '15 19:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    According to Purdy (who also had an above average chess rating) chess skill and intelligence are totally different things.

    What amazes me is that things that have to do with race (pro diversity or pro freedom) are not determined by law, but are being treated as if they are law. It is truly amazing to see how one group of people can force their will on ano ...[text shortened]... in when it comes to racism. The only difference between today and the 50's is who is in charge.
    It was hoped that customers who encounter the slogan on their coffee cup would be inspired to discuss the deeper issues affecting America, in an attempt to 'create a more empathetic and inclusive society - one conversation at a time'.


    How many conversations about race would it take to make Eladar or whodey more empathetic or even more informed? I am looking out here for the deeper issues of course. One thread at a time, sweet Jesus, help us to live one thread at a time.
  9. 19 Mar '15 20:11
    Originally posted by finnegan
    It was hoped that customers who encounter the slogan on their coffee cup would be inspired to discuss the deeper issues affecting America, in an attempt to 'create a more empathetic and inclusive society - one conversation at a time'.


    How many conversations about race would it take to make Eladar or whodey more empathetic or even more info ...[text shortened]... eper issues of course. One thread at a time, sweet Jesus, help us to live one thread at a time.
    I'm more interested in a free country than an empathetic country.

    Freedom is for all. Empathy is for only certain points of view.
  10. 19 Mar '15 20:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi to Whodey
    i am more concerned employees were encouraged to talk at all with customers.
    i give you money, you give me coffee. end of transaction.
    In the USA, many employees (in service industries) are trained and even
    obligated (their bosses are watching) to ask every customer of the moment,
    "How are you?", even though it's obvious that these employees could not
    care less about a truthful reply. Indeed, some employees even persist in
    the same (personally intrusive) question until the silence has been broken
    by the banal "I'm fine". A person may be painfully dying of cancer, but one's
    expected to lie about it. That's just the American way of 'good service'.
  11. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    19 Mar '15 20:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    I'm more interested in a free country than an empathetic country.

    Freedom is for all. Empathy is for only certain points of view.
    Empathy is for only certain points of view

    Explain what this phrase is intended to mean, bearing in mind the definition / meaning of the word "empathy:" viz: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
  12. 19 Mar '15 21:09
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Empathy is for only certain points of view

    Explain what this phrase is intended to mean, bearing in mind the definition / meaning of the word "empathy:" viz: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
    Do people really care about poor white trash?

    They don't exist, that's why white people don't need help like the blacks.
  13. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    19 Mar '15 21:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do people really care about poor white trash?

    They don't exist, that's why white people don't need help like the blacks.
    That is quite an astonishing outburst and it is hard to see how it constitutes a plausible explanation of your phrase about empathy. It seems that you have some deep seated grudge that you need to express and find it hard to do so in a coherent manner. How on earth does it fit into the current thread? It is just off the wall madness and quite disturbing.
  14. 19 Mar '15 21:41
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    i am more concerned employees were encouraged to talk at all with customers.


    i give you money, you give me coffee. end of transaction.
    I predict there will be many Starbucks employees saying the wrong thing to the wrong person and getting them all riled up and receiving a butt-kicking.
  15. 19 Mar '15 21:51
    Originally posted by finnegan
    That is quite an astonishing outburst and it is hard to see how it constitutes a plausible explanation of your phrase about empathy. It seems that you have some deep seated grudge that you need to express and find it hard to do so in a coherent manner. How on earth does it fit into the current thread? It is just off the wall madness and quite disturbing.
    Empathy for special groups.

    That kind of empathy is immoral and should be seen as such.

    Freedom is for all.