1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 21:10
    It seems as though public enemy #1, Edward Snowden, was a Ron Paul supporter and even contributed to his campaign in 2012 to the tune of around $500.

Is it then any wonder that Edward Snowden did what he did? Here is a man stuck back in the 1700's, a time when government was seen as a possible threat, and not the savior and protector it has become today. After all, if Ron had been elected, he would have torn apart the NSA and stopped the spying on the American public. He would also have done such things as trying to balance budgets and pull Americans out of wars abroad. Clearly these types of loons are a danger to the American government and our subsequent safety. At the bare minimum, I think that these individuals need to be weeded out through the NSA and removed from high ranking positions.

What say you?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '13 22:34
    I've said this before, I would've voted for Ron Paul over Obama, and was a supporter of his. Had he won the nomination, it no longer would've been a choice between "the lesser of two evils", just a choice between a good candidate and a severely disappointing one.

And though I hate the Republican party, I'd easily choose him over Hilary.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 01:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    I've said this before, I would've voted for Ron Paul over Obama, and was a supporter of his. Had he won the nomination, it no longer would've been a choice between "the lesser of two evils", just a choice between a good candidate and a severely disappointing one.

Anyone else in the future that might come close to Ron Paul the NSA and the press will take care of him, just like they did Ron.

I like the Jon Stewart bit about Ron Paul. He showed how all the major news organizations from CNN to Fox News either ignored him or made fun of him even though he was doing better than most at the beginning.

Ron Paul was the single greatest threat that the establishment faced, and he maybe the last. He is no match for propaganda machine of the powers that be along with their evil NSA computer network I like to refer to as "Hal".

Speaking of Hal, how about a nice game of chess? 😵
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 01:28
    Originally posted by vivify

I met Ron Paul face to face, and he engaged me one on one in conversation for about a half hour. This is no ordinary political animal. I have never met Rand, but from what I've heard, the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree.
  5. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 01:42
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I met Ron Paul face to face, and he engaged me one on one in conversation for about a half hour. This is no ordinary political animal. I have never met Rand, but from what I've heard, the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree.
    from what i can tell, they seem to have some amount of bad blood between them

rand isn't much like his father, though. he's pretty much just another republican trying to cater towards libertarians
  6. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 01:48
    Originally posted by empovsun
    from what i can tell, they seem to have some amount of bad blood between them

rand isn't much like his father, though. he's pretty much just another republican trying to cater towards libertarians
    That is somewhat typical of father and sons who have strongly held beliefs. Some would characterize Ron the same as you do Rand, but Ron's depth of integrity is rare, anywhere but especially in politics.
  7. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 02:16
    Originally posted by normbenign
    That is somewhat typical of father and sons who have strongly held beliefs. Some would characterize Ron the same as you do Rand, but Ron's depth of integrity is rare, anywhere but especially in politics.
    some people say that ron paul isn't a genuine libertarian?

lol, i suppose you could argue that he's just acting, (a good one, at that) and doesn't really believe what he's preaching. highly doubtful, in my opinion, but its possible
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 02:54
    Originally posted by empovsun
    some people say that ron paul isn't a genuine libertarian?

lol, i suppose you could argue that he's just acting, (a good one, at that) and doesn't really believe what he's preaching. highly doubtful, in my opinion, but its possible
    In general, if you get ten libertarians in a room, you will get a stimulating debate on something. That is their downfall politically, that they can't ever agree on enough to make a political platform.
  9. Standard memberempovsun
    Adepto 'er perfectu
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 03:15
    or raise enough money to pump out enough commercials to counter balance the other two parties
  10. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 13:03
    Now now whodey, no need to drag Snowden through the mud by associating him with Ron Paul fanboys.
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    12 Jun '13 13:292 edits
    Ron Paul was a little ahead of the game on this topic.

Here he is railing against computer surveillance, "a disgusting procedure for a professed free society". I think this was during the Reagan administration.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G87jOx1VJ3o

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree