Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 01:31
    Trump just announced tariffs on steel and aluminium.
    Protecting US interests?
    Maybe not.
    "Counter measures" are being planned by Canada, Mexico & EU.

And US manufacturers end up paying more for their steel and aluminium.

(Of course you are a winner if you are in the Steel business
    ... I guess Trump has a finger in that pie somehow ...)
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 01:40
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Trump just announced tariffs on steel and aluminium.
    Protecting US interests?
    Maybe not.
    "Counter measures" are being planned by Canada, Mexico & EU.

And US manufacturers end up paying more for their steel and aluminium.

(Of course you are a winner if you are in the Steel business
    ... I guess Trump has a finger in that pie somehow ...)
    Trump is shedding his Prog skin.

Next he will take away our guns.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 07:39
    Trump thinks tariffs are a good idea because according to his economic analysis, a trade deficit means the country is somehow "losing" at trade. This is the same guy who doesn't know what health insurance is.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 08:59
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Trump thinks tariffs are a good idea because according to his economic analysis, a trade deficit means the country is somehow "losing" at trade. This is the same guy who doesn't know what health insurance is.
    I’m pretty sure Trump can be convinced that the world is flat and that he needs to build mountains.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 09:041 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I’m pretty sure Trump can be convinced that the world is flat and that he needs to build mountains.
    GREAT mountains, the GREATEST in the world. Mount Everest has probably a fake height!
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 11:09
    Making Americans pay higher taxes is will solve all of our problems don't ya know.

In one day Trump became Bernie Sanders as Bernie Sanders sings the praises of the Trump tariffs and wanting to grab the guns without due process as the DOW plunges some 500 points.

How is that wall working for ya Trump supporters?

LOL.
  7. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 12:39
    Please tell me this thread will feature far leftists who believe everything should be socialized arguing that Pres. Trump is ruining the economy via tariffs and using a series of free market oriented explanations.
  8. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 13:17
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Please tell me this thread will feature far leftists who believe everything should be socialized arguing that Pres. Trump is ruining the economy via tariffs and using a series of free market oriented explanations.
    You're a moron if you really think that's a realistic view of the left. But then, anything not to the right of Verwoerd is extreme left to you, isn't it, master Terreblanche?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:11
    I would think that any tax is a good tax.

Where is the love?
  10. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 00:52
    "Trade wars are good" - Donald Trump

What an idiot.
  11. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 02:44
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    You're a moron if you really think that's a realistic view of the left. But then, anything not to the right of Verwoerd is extreme left to you, isn't it, master Terreblanche?
    I am not big into economic politics and I can understand that, based on the local circumstances, the viewpoints can be radically different.

And yes, I think that I do see a significant amount of people who support very far left economic views who are now critical of Trump's policies.

Do you think that I am a moron? Would you like to call me a moron here?
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 04:12
    I am not big into economic politics and I can understand that, based on the local circumstances, the viewpoints can be radically different.

And yes, I think that I do see a significant amount of people who support very far left economic views who are now critical of Trump's policies.

Do you think that I am a moron? Would you like to call me a moron here?
    Well, you're not sure that Trump is a liar so your chandelier's bulb is not all that bright.
  13. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 05:57
    If we want to have a better forum we need to focus on honest discussion and intercommunication. Not tearing each other down.

Let's build each other up and be a better forum.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 13:48
    If we want to have a better forum we need to focus on honest discussion and intercommunication. Not tearing each other down.

Now we get the truisms, the plea for honest conversation, from the man who thinks perhaps Trump is not a liar!
    Do you see the irony?
    How is it possible to take you seriously?
    I don't see it.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 14:17

You are wasting your time...this forum is full of liberals incapable of rational dialog.