Tattoo

SubscriberAverageJoe1
Debates 03 Apr '24 00:42
  1. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 00:42
    I saw one today, up close enough that I could read it if I had wanted to. I didn't, of course. In a checkout line. Query....Do y'all READ tattoos, do you do it sort of covertly, like maybe when they are distracted? Is it considered an invasion of privacy, or is it welcomed by the tattooee? And why would you read one? Do you put it in the same category as a bumper sticker?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 01:31
    I think it's considered appropriate to read tattoos. They are there to be seen.
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 04:495 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    I saw one today, up close enough that I could read it if I had wanted to. I didn't, of course. In a checkout line. Query....Do y'all READ tattoos, do you do it sort of covertly, like maybe when they are distracted? Is it considered an invasion of privacy, or is it welcomed by the tattooee? And why would you read one? Do you put it in the same category as a bumper sticker?
    Dear Joe - Thank You for your improved composition skill in these forums. I know I've been hard on you about that in the past, but this is a marked improvement. Still room left for progress, but at least I can understand you now.

Well, done. 🙂

P.S. I think tattoos are a silly waste of money, but then I'm an older guy. When I was young the only people who had them were enlisted sailors and low-class call girls.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 08:06
    @mchill said
    Dear Joe - Thank You for your improved composition skill in these forums. I know I've been hard on you about that in the past, but this is a marked improvement. Still room left for progress, but at least I can understand you now.

Well, done. 🙂

P.S. I think tattoos are a silly waste of money, but then I'm an older guy. When I was young the only people who had them were enlisted sailors and low-class call girls.
    Call girls without tattoos can actually make much more money than those with.

Don't ask me how I know this.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 08:10
    @averagejoe1 said
    Slumming at the supermarket?

Did your maid have the day off?
  6. Joined
    09 Sep '10
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 08:141 edit
    Tattoos are stupid. I'm covered with them and hopefully one day they make a pill that gets rid of them. Although I'm old so why bother. Tattoos are stupid!
  7. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    03 Apr '24 14:02
    @suzianne said
    Slumming at the supermarket?

Did your maid have the day off?
    Don’t have a regular made at that abode. And not supermarket,, was at the MET. Not much body art there, though, she sort of stood out, but I guess that is the point. When I stand out somewhere, I hope it is not about some (permanent) picture on my arm, but rather my congenial personality.
  8. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 00:39
    @AverageJoe1
    Oh God I saw another tattoo live at a gas station today, that is my last visit to a gas station. I must be the last of a breed. I started to look up tattoos on internet but fear getting on a list of some sort. Living in a bubble is better!
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 04:14
    @fartacus said
    Tattoos are stupid. I'm covered with them and hopefully one day they make a pill that gets rid of them. Although I'm old so why bother. Tattoos are stupid!
    So is personal expression, yeah?

🙄
  10. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 04:15
    @averagejoe1 said
    Don’t have a regular made at that abode. And not supermarket,, was at the MET. Not much body art there, though, she sort of stood out, but I guess that is the point. When I stand out somewhere, I hope it is not about some (permanent) picture on my arm, but rather my congenial personality.
    Good luck with that.

Just make sure your sheep mentality doesn't override that.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 05:49
    @averagejoe1 said
    What’s your problem with tattoos?

To be quite frank, you write like someone with a swastika printed on your forehead… I always presumed you were covered in ink.
  12. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    04 Apr '24 11:47
    @shavixmir said
    What’s your problem with tattoos?

To be quite frank, you write like someone with a swastika printed on your forehead… I always presumed you were covered in ink.
    Your body is your temple. Not in a religious sense. It is disrespectful to disfigure your body, and absolutely a sign of insecurity. 'I don't like who I am'. Downer to those who regard you. Tell your kids to skip tattooing. Build muscle instead??
  13. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    08 Apr '24 10:53
    @averagejoe1 said
    I do read tattoos as I read T-shirts. And now and then I congratulate t-shirt wearers (I have never congartulated anyone about their tattoo per se, but I did for a colleague who had a swastika converted inot a flower...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree