1. Germany
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:211 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Chicago is his adult home for some time. It seems a matter of common decency and tact that with the nation supposedly about to go over a fiscal cliff, that he might do something symbolic like cutting costs just a bit.

Imagine, whatever you life style or work, that everything you want is paid for. Your salary is pure savings. That's our President, whatever party. Congressmen and Senators to a lesser degree.
    So vote for people who will restrict the salary/benefits of the POTUS.

I doubt such a thing will happen any time soon because a frugally living President seems rather un-American.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 16:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    So vote for people who will restrict the salary/benefits of the POTUS.

I doubt such a thing will happen any time soon because a frugally living President seems rather un-American.
    Not every leader can be like Jose Mujica:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20243493
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    05 Jan '13 17:53
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2013/01/04/taxpayer-bill-obamas-hawaii-vacations-20-million/

Taxpayer Bill for Obama’s Hawaii Vacations: $20 Million
    by KEITH KOFFLER on JANUARY 4, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Michelle Obama recently revealed that she and President Obama don’t give Christmas gifts to each other. They merely say, “We’re in Hawaii,” and that’s Chr ...[text shortened]... – including those in the middle class Obama claims to care so much about – millions of dollars.
    "At the very least, they could spend their Christmas holidays at Camp David or at one of the many fine resorts outside of Washington, which would require only the use of the presidential helicopter to get them there. "

I can see the OP now: "Taxpayer money squandered on helicopter fuel for Obama vacation."
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    06 Jan '13 22:33
    Jets are far more fuel efficient than helicopters.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree