1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 15:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Why is it any of your business as to why they want to make incandescent light bulbs? In a free society we would not be deciding such things for other people who have an expertise in something we do not.

As for making jobs, Texas seems to know what they are doing compared to the rest of the country.

Are you suggesting that Texas is purposefully making something that will not increase jobs/revenue simply to piss off bureaucrats in Washington?
    What predicted job losses were you referring to in your OP? Why don't the factories in Texas that used to make incandescent light bulbs start making the new bulbs? You raised the topic: why don't you want to address it when called on it?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 03:00
    ...one thing is sure and that is in the process they closed down factories in the US (who made incandescents) and shipped the jobs to China where the new and improved bulbs are supposidly made.
    If it's so "sure" in your mind, whodey, why are you refusing repeated requests to talk us through these factory closures and job losses you predict?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 11:12
    Why don't you ask the manufacturers? If making the newer light bulbs save money, then I would think they would do it on their own. Otherwise they are not very good business people. The better question is, why are bureaucrats trying to make these decidions for them?
    Because the bureaucrats are concerned about energy security, and they feel that the electorate is worried about energy security and the dependence on foreign oil, and they feel this is an appropriate measure to reduce energy consumption without significantly impacting people's lifestyles.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree