Texas Republican knuckle-draggers lose one

Texas Republican knuckle-draggers lose one

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Child of the Novelty

San Antonio, Texas

Moves
27 Jun 13

Originally posted by Kunsoo
It is a temporary victory, but it accomplished two things.
1. It energized Texas liberals.
2. The Democrats have a new national figure. Expect that she will have a primary speaking slot at the next convention, even if she's gerrymandered out of office.
It will energize both liberals and conservatives. First you have to understand that the average Texan is a moron and poorly educated by the "great" State of Texas. This is by design. The north part of the state is Republican, do or die, and will always vote that way. It has been a hotbed of radical conservative politics for over 50 years.
"I still miss you Annie"

Houston, Texas

Moves
27 Jun 13

Originally posted by whodey
Absolutely. I would like to be able to just shoot people who annoy me, but the government won't get off my back man!!

😠
If you don't like our Constitution, you could move to Chile.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by moon1969
Likely only a temporary victory for Texas women due to Republican continued aggression, but nice nonetheless. An difficult old-style filibuster.

[b]Abortion bill dies after late-night chaos, confusion

Opponents celebrated. They said they were fighting the bill because they wanted to protect women’s rights and preserve their access to safe, l ...[text shortened]...

http://blog.chron.com/texaspolitics/2013/06/abortion-bill-dies-after-late-night-chaos/[/b]
I note three things.

First, you have more than half the posts in this thread. You always amuse me when you answer your own posts.

Second, I see that filibusters are just fine when they suit one of your left-wing radical causes. When Republicans use them, though, it's an evil attempt to stop progress. If you want to go on embarrassing yourself by calling me unprincipled, that's just fine.

Third: this is what you Libs do, innit? When you win an election, you get to implement every aspect of your agenda, now matter how whacked to the left it is. When we win an election, what do you do? Invade the Wisonsin State House. Invade the North Carolina State House. The majority rules, as long as you're the majority. I'd call you a mob, but that sounds too intimidating for a bunch of over-entitled, chronically underworked, late-middle-aged hippies who believe in outsourcing their self-defense, want the government to fight thee battles for them, and really aren't good at very much beyond yelling somewhat loudly about how much you don't like your opposition.

You know how there's a pride of lions, a gaggle of geese, a flock of birds? What do you call a group of pansies?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
01 Jul 13

Originally posted by sasquatch672
I note three things.

First, you have more than half the posts in this thread. You always amuse me when you answer your own posts.

Second, I see that filibusters are just fine when they suit one of your left-wing radical causes. When Republicans use them, though, it's an evil attempt to stop progress. If you want to go on embarrassing yourse ...[text shortened]... ride of lions, a gaggle of geese, a flock of birds? What do you call a group of pansies?
This "I'm so manly and you're not" shtick is really getting old.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
01 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by no1marauder
This "I'm so manly and you're not" shtick is really getting old.
You know I love you, baby.