Thank you, Koch brothers

Thank you, Koch brothers

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Z

Moves
01 Aug 18

Bernie Sanders:
Let me thank the Koch brothers for sponsoring a study that shows that Medicare for all would save the American people $2 trillion dollars over a ten year period. I suspect that that is not what you intended to do, but that is what is in the study of the Mercatus Center - an organization that you significantly fund.

w

Moves
01 Aug 18

Originally posted by @zahlanzi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyC4grL-Uag

Bernie Sanders:
Let me thank the Koch brothers for sponsoring a study that shows that Medicare for all would save the American people $2 trillion dollars over a ten year period. I suspect that that is not what you intended to do, but that is what is in the study of the Mercatus Center - an organization that you significantly fund.
So we must spend $30 trillion to save $2 trillion.

Sounds about right.

As for the Koch brothers, Trump never has liked them and the feeling is mutual.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/07/31/donald-trump-fires-back-after-criticism-koch-brothers/869722002/

Wow, it used to be that the GOP had the billionaire Koch brothers and the Left had Soros. Now you have both of them.

Enjoy! 😵

Z

Moves
02 Aug 18

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @whodey
So we must spend $30 trillion to save $2 trillion.

Why do you (US) get so much less per health care dollar than any other developed nation?
Why do you (US) have to worry about getting sick?
Why do you (US) have to turn away an ambulance when bleeding profusely?
Why do you (US) not care about anyone who is both poor & sick?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
03 Aug 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59

The greater the welfare state, the greater and more profuse the threats of force is the greater indication of an uncaring society.

Benevolence can only be measured when it is given freely.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Aug 18

Why do you (US) get so much less per health care dollar than any other developed nation?
Because greed has been institutionalized here. It's all about the money, screw the people.

Z

Moves
03 Aug 18

did you see what he did though?

"You must spend 30 trillion to save 2 trillion"
Technically he isn't lying. He didn't make a false statement. What comes across however is the impression one would be left with 28 trillion in debt. That one can choose to spend 30 trillion to save 2 trillion or to spend nothing at all (never was an option). Don't know if it is intentional or accidental (one could debate years whether whodey is a troll or a moron) and i don't care.

What is clear however is that the actual truth is "the US has a choice between spending 32 trillion on the current healthcare or spend 30 trillion on Bernie Sander's medicare for all plan".