1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:04
    Originally posted by whodey
    Listen dingleberry, would you like an insurance company to take over government and run your insurance? Of course not.

What then makes those in government any more righteous?

Government is all powerful with no one above them, so they should play the role of referee so that there is someone to run to when, not if, the insurance company screws you. What you want though is for people to have nowhere to run.
    The way I see it is the way the Constitution sees it.

The government's role is to protect the People, primarily from those who would subvert it, like Corporations, who have been very busy subverting it for the last 50 years, and now, with Neil Gorsuch on the Court, their victory is a lot closer.

And this is why people like you want to see a Constitutional Convention, so that you can re-write the document promising protection for the People, so that the Corporations can have their endgame. What a tool.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    And yet you vote against your interests in every election like clockwork.
    Bingo.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:08
    And yet you vote against your interests in every election like clockwork.
    "But... but... OBAMA!!!"
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Bingo.
    No wonder there is no substance to your posts.

You're playing bingo.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:42
    Listen dingleberry, would you like an insurance company to take over government and run your insurance? Of course not.

Government is all powerful with no one above them, so they should play the role of referee so that there is someone to run to when, not if, the insurance company screws you. What you want though is for people to have nowhere to run.
    "What then makes those in government any more righteous?"
    because you elect it, dumbass, to work for you. a private company doesn't work for you, it works to make a profit first.

"Government is all powerful with no one above them"
    that's what checks and balances are for, so that different branches of the government check and balance each other. and every X years YOU are above the government through your vote.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    24 May '17 15:56

I barely have any insurance. Just a $10/month mandatory home insurance.

I would like the government to take over and run things it can run (relatively) efficiently. If private enterprise can do it more efficiently, then private enterprise should do it. If a mixed approach is more efficient, then that approach should be taken.

You may know this attitude under the more common name "common sense."
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:22
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "What then makes those in government any more righteous?"
    because you elect it, dumbass, to work for you. a private company doesn't work for you, it works to make a profit first.

"Government is all powerful with no one above them"
    that's what checks and balances are for, so that different branches of the government check and balance each other. and every X years YOU are above the government through your vote.
    Right, they get up there and tell you lies like your coverage will never change and you will pay less, then get in there, and do as they please with impunity. In fact, I bet Obama's poll numbers are just fabulous.

Brilliant!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:231 edit
    I barely have any insurance. Just a $10/month mandatory home insurance.

I would like the government to take over and run things it can run (relatively) efficiently. If private enterprise can do it more efficiently, then private enterprise should do it. If a mixed approach is more efficient, then that approach should be taken.

You may know this attitude under the more common name "common sense."
    Well if government takes over health care then the private sector goes away forever. Then you are stuck with it an with whatever changes they think best. And yes, more like Trump, worse in fact, await being elected.

Then again, with pretty much every insurance company pulling out under Obamacare, which was the plan all along, perhaps we are there already.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:301 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Germany
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:32
    Well if government takes over health care then the private sector goes away forever. Then you are stuck with it an with whatever changes they think best. And yes, more like Trump, worse in fact, await being elected.

Then again, with pretty much every insurance company pulling out under Obamacare, which was the plan all along, perhaps we are there already.
    I see. So you oppose cheaper and better health care because you are worried people like yourself are going to continue voting idiots into office?
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:34
    No wonder there is no substance to your posts.

You're playing bingo.
    Come on man, stick to your lane which is sarcastic put-downs of anything that opposes your narrow, uneducated conservative world view. Otherwise, your come-back game is weak.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:501 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Come on man, stick to your lane which is sarcastic put-downs of anything that opposes your narrow, uneducated conservative world view. Otherwise, your come-back game is weak.
    I see, so I reckon you want a bunch of insurance providers to have full control over you with no recourse other than voting for demagogues that lie to you 24/7.

Got it.
  14. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 May '17 17:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    The problem is, that with Trump at the helm of the sinking ship, this is becoming just "the way it is" and I don't see enough simple outrage that this is going on.
    I'm guessing you are correct. However, once people start to feel the pain, perhaps that will cause the silent majority to vote for a Democrat in 2018. We can only hope.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree