1. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 20:501 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    I see. So it's only beaches where it matters?
    thats why they were designed was it not, for swimming? can you think of any other reason why someone would wear a burkini?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Sep '16 20:523 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Why do you still think it matters what you remember or think is normal? Why do you think you have a right to tell other people how to dress?
    This is a rather transparent and plastic attempt to make the debate personal and will be ignored. I do not make the French laws, have not forced my views on anyone, have not claimed to define what normal is and have not told a single person how they must dress. Furthermore it catastrophically FAILS to take into account the reasons for the ban, why it was introduced and in what context. Very shoddy.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 06:26
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    thats why they were designed was it not, for swimming? can you think of any other reason why someone would wear a burkini?
    Frankly, it's none of your business why anyone would wear a burkini.

Still, my question was: why does it matter only on beaches that someone wears "religious attire"?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 08:33
    Frankly, it's none of your business why anyone would wear a burkini.

Still, my question was: why does it matter only on beaches that someone wears "religious attire"?
    Frankly I am not claiming it is any of my business and your rather tawdry attempt to get some leverage from personal remarks is well, rather transparent.

Have you had a look at French secular laws? No? then I suggest you start there.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 14:08
    Frankly I am not claiming it is any of my business and your rather tawdry attempt to get some leverage from personal remarks is well, rather transparent.

Have you had a look at French secular laws? No? then I suggest you start there.
    French secular laws are irrelevant when you are queried on your position. If "French secular laws" were different, would your position on the burkini change with them?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 15:20
    French secular laws are irrelevant when you are queried on your position. If "French secular laws" were different, would your position on the burkini change with them?
    Here is your question;

why does it matter only on beaches that someone wears "religious attire"?

It contains an assumption based on ignorance of French secular law pertaining to the wearing of religious garb and assumes that it is relevant exclusively on beaches. This is not the case.

The French law on secularity and conspicuous religious symbols in schools bans wearing conspicuous religious symbols in French public (i.e. government-operated) primary and secondary schools.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_law_on_secularity_and_conspicuous_religious_symbols_in_schools

Please do yourself and me a favour and read about French secular law and religious attire because I have no desire to battle against ignorance.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 15:23
    Here is your question;

why does it matter only on beaches that someone wears "religious attire"?

It contains an assumption based on ignorance of French secular law pertaining to the wearing of religious garb and assumes that it is relevant exclusively on beaches. This is not the case.

The French law on secularity and conspicuous religious s ...[text shortened]... ut French secular law and religious attire because I have no desire to battle against ignorance.
    I note that you refuse to answer an extremely simple question. The opportunity to answer the question remains if you wish to reconsider your refusal to answer it.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Sep '16 15:25
    I note that you refuse to answer an extremely simple question. The opportunity to answer the question remains if you wish to reconsider your refusal to answer it.
    I am under no duress to answer anything and especially questions which contain assumptions.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree