1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 19:305 edits
    How to play:

1. Choose either candidate. No "other" or "none of the above" votes. If you're unhappy with both candidates, then choose the one you perceive as the lesser of two evils.
    2. Explain why (optional).
    3. Propose a new pair of candidates for subsequent posters. Feel free to keep the candidate you chose in #1 as one of the two, if you like.

The game will be more interesting if you propose two candidates with similar backgrounds or ideological views, so there might be diversity in who chooses whom.

I'll start.

1. Choose your president: Condoleezza Rice or Colin Powell.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 19:46
    Tough choice! I'll abstain for now.
  3. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 21:26
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    How to play:

1. Choose either candidate. No "other" or "none of the above" votes. If you're unhappy with both candidates, then choose the one you perceive as the lesser of two evils.
    2. Explain why (optional).
    3. Propose a new pair of candidates for subsequent posters. Feel free to keep the candidate you chose in #1 as one of the two, if you like. ...[text shortened]... hooses whom.

I'll start.

Hitler or Stalin! OK, only joking (I respect Godwin's Law).

For Americans, Goldwater or Dole.
    For Brits, David Davis or George Osborne.
    For Christians, John Paul or Benedict.
    For Russians (or more realistically, anyone who feels like it), Putin or Medvedev.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 21:36
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Tough choice! I'll abstain for now.
    I second that!! 😲
  5. Joined
    13 Mar '07
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 21:411 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    I second that!! 😲
    Are you actually telling us you think Goldwater is too liberal?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 22:45
    Originally posted by Teinosuke
    Are you actually telling us you think Goldwater is too liberal?
    Goldwater was a lefty commie.

Blah!!!!

I was only commenting on the Colin Powel vs. Rice choice.
  7. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    01 Apr '12 23:05
    To whodey and ATY: the whole point of the game is to force you to make tough choices and allow others a chance to gain insight about you or your choices in the process.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 00:231 edit
    To whodey and ATY: the whole point of the game is to force you to make tough choices and allow others a chance to gain insight about you or your choices in the process.
    You mean like every general election I vote in? Is it that kind of tough, gut wrinching, agonizing decision that makes you feel as though you can't win?

Gotcha!!

Ok, I chose Colin Powell, only because I think he objected to the Iraqi war.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 00:27
    I'll start.

~~ Colin Powell

Choose: Ross Perot or Ralph Nader
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 01:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    ~~ Colin Powell

Choose: Ross Perot or Ralph Nader
    That's easy, Ross Perot. If nothing else, for entertainment value. I just love it when he gets those graphs out that are larger than him to show America just how skrewed they really are. Then when he gets a lead in the polls he drops out as if he were Bobby Fisher and then comes back to run again.

I love crazy Ross!!
  11. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 04:462 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    That's easy, Ross Perot. If nothing else, for entertainment value. I just love it when he gets those graphs out that are larger than him to show America just how skrewed they really are. Then when he gets a lead in the polls he drops out as if he were Bobby Fisher and then comes back to run again.

I love crazy Ross!!
    All right, whodey, you're doing better... Now propose your own election.

Regarding your earlier post, think of it this way: you get to list your #1 and #2 ideal choices for president. Let others see what they think.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 05:24
    Choose: John Kerry or Bill Bradley
  13. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 05:441 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Choose: John Kerry or Bill Bradley
    I'm not as familiar with Bradley, but after a few minutes reading up on him, I don't see many domestic policy differences from Kerry. With that said, Kerry seems to have more foreign policy experience. So, if I had to decide in under 10 minutes, I'd probably choose Kerry.

Choose: John McCain or Mitt Romney
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 06:18
    I'm not as familiar with Bradley, but after a few minutes reading up on him, I don't see many domestic policy differences from Kerry. With that said, Kerry seems to have more foreign policy experience. So, if I had to decide in under 10 minutes, I'd probably choose Kerry.

Choose: John McCain or Mitt Romney
    I've been personally impressed by a disproportionately large number of the Mormons I've met, and I think he might be a politician who would have a go at tackling the crisis in the U.S. health system (possibly in the first two years of his second term after priming the country for it during his first), so Mitt Romney would probably get my vote.

Choose: George W. Bush or Bob Dole
  15. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    02 Apr '12 10:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    I've been personally impressed by a disproportionately large number of the Mormons I've met, and I think he might be a politician who would have a go at tackling the crisis in the U.S. health system (possibly in the first two years of his second term after priming the country for it during his first), so Mitt Romney would probably get my vote.

Choose: George W. Bush or Bob Dole
    I personally enjoyed norm macdonald's bob dole impression very much. If voting for him means I can see more of that, then I say Bob dole.

Jerry Springer or Maury Povich

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree