1. Germany
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 21:07
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    EARTHS ATMOSPHERE

Earth’s atmosphere allows the sun’s heat in but resists its re-radiation back into space. The atmosphere is comprised of nitrogen 78%, oxygen 21%, argon 0.93% and CO2 0.04%. Many other gases are present in trace amounts. The lower atmosphere also contains varying amounts of water vapour, up to 4% by volume.

Nitrogen and Oxygen are n ...[text shortened]... an effect on global warming equal to the change eliminating anthropogenic CO2 would realise.[/i]
    Here's a graph of the CO2 concentration in the Earth's atmosphere since 1960:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide-en.svg
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Sep '10 21:312 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Here's a graph of the CO2 concentration in the Earth's atmosphere since 1960:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/51/Mauna_Loa_Carbon_Dioxide-en.svg
    MacSwain's point is that water vapor is a greenhouse gas, and the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere totally dwarfs the amount of CO2 - so even if the amount of CO2 was to double, triple, or quadruple, it would seem to have very little effect on the total amount of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

Do you have a response to this argument?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 03:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Is the report in the OP relevant for any of the points that I was making?
    My only point is that you have conceeded to the global warming rhetoric. Have you read the report that investigates those who have convinced you of your stance?
  4. silicon valley
    Moves
    15 Sep '10 05:17
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    MacSwain's point is that water vapor is a greenhouse gas, and the amount of water vapor in the atmosphere totally dwarfs the amount of CO2 - so even if the amount of CO2 was to double, triple, or quadruple, it would seem to have very little effect on the total amount of greenhouse gas in the atmosphere.

Do you have a response to this argument?
    Melanerpes ... welcome to the dark side ...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree