Earth’s atmosphere allows the sun’s heat in but resists its re-radiation back into space. The atmosphere is comprised of nitrogen 78%, oxygen 21%, argon 0.93% and CO2 0.04%. Many other gases are present in trace amounts. The lower atmosphere also contains varying amounts of water vapour, up to 4% by volume.
Nitrogen and Oxygen are not greenhouse gases and have no warming influence. Greenhouse gases included in Kyoto Protocol were rated for warming potency. CO2, the warming gas that activated Al Gore, actually has low warming potency. Methane-CH4 (aka natural gas) is 21 times more potent than CO2, but because of its low concentration, contributes only 7% of warming. Nitrous Oxide-N2O, mostly of nature’s creation, is 310 times more potent than CO2. Low concentration keeps its warming effect down to 19%.
Now for an inconvenient truth about CO2 sources. Nature generates about 30 times as much CO2 as does man. Yet the warming alarmists are unconcerned about that 96.8% from natures outpouring. They are alarmed only about anthropogenic CO2, that 3.2% caused by humans.
Ignored is yet another inconvenient truth about CO2. In fact: CO2 is a very minor contributor to the “greenhouse” effect when water vapour is taken into consideration. Water vapour is 4.0% of earth’s atmosphere; CO2 is 0.04% of earth’s atmosphere.
All “greenhouse” gases together produce less than 2% of the “greenhouse” effect when water vapour is included in the formulation. In which case anthropogenic CO2 represents less than 0.1% of the greenhouse effect. These facts indicate, if anthropogenic CO2 could be totally eliminated (which it can’t) over 99.9% of the earths “greenhouse” effect gases would still remain.
If it’s known water vapour is the dominant greenhouse gas, why has the focus been on CO2? Call it the politics of the possible. Water vapour is almost entirely natural. It’s beyond the reach of man’s screwdriver. But when delegates of 189 countries met at Kyoto and Bali, they could hardly vote to do nothing. Instead, they agreed developed countries of the world would reduce emissions of six man-made greenhouse gases. Top of the man-made list is CO2, a trivial influence on global warming compared with water vapour, but still representing man’s largest contribution.
Since Kyoto, 1997, there has been an enormous industry created on the back of CO2 and too many scientists, foundations and the like have sprung up which rely entirely on the existence of global warming, now called climate change, for their livelihood.
I WILL CONDENSE THE ABOVE TO MAKE IT SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND:
1) Total CO2 in our entire atmosphere = 0.04 percent
2) Of that .04% only 0.00128 percent of earths atmosphere is man-made (anthropogenic).CO2. While 0.03872 percent of earths atmosphere is naturally occurring and uncontrollable, CO2.
3) Man-made (anthropogenic) CO2 is only 0.00128 percent of our atmosphere.
4) If all man-made CO2 was totally removed from earths atmosphere (which cannot be done). That would lower total atmospheric CO2 from 0.04 percent to 0.03872.
5) What will these government plans accomplish if they lower man-made CO2 by their 10% goal? It would lower the existing 0.00128% anthropogenic CO2 to 0.001152%. Total atmospheric CO2 would then drop from 0.04 percent to 0.0388%, at the sacrifice of the world’s economy.
The logical conclusion is: You can spit out your window and have an effect on global warming equal to the change eliminating anthropogenic CO2 would realise.