1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:181 edit
    It hard to know what to make of this:

“My father is German, right, was German,” he added. “And born in a very wonderful place in Germany, and so I have a great feeling for Germany, but they’re not paying what they should be paying.”

However, the president's father, Fred Trump, was in fact, born in New York City. Friedrich Trump, his grandfather, was born in Germany before emigrating to the US in 1885 aged 16-years-old.

It is not the first time Mr Trump has falsely claimed that his father was born in, or lived in Germany.

At last year's Nato summit in the Belgian capital of Brussels, he said: "I have great respect for Germany. My father is from Germany… Both of my parents are from the EU — despite the fact they don’t treat us well on trade."

Last July during a trip to Scotland, he also told CBS News: “Don’t forget both of my parents were born in EU sectors — my mother was Scotland, my father was Germany.”

In another interview with Fox News Sunday last year, he said: “My parents were born in the European Union.”

He added, “I love these countries; Germany, Scotland, they are still in there, right?”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-father-fred-trump-born-germany-false-claim-new-york-city-nato-jens-stoltenberg-a8851946.html
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:23
    @no1marauder said

“My father is German, right, was German,” he added. “And born in a very wonderful place in Germany, and so I have a great feeling for Germany, but they’re not paying what they should be paying.”

However, the president's father, Fred Trump, was in fact, born in New York City. Friedrich Trump, his grandfather, was born in Germany ...[text shortened]... d-trump-father-fred-trump-born-germany-false-claim-new-york-city-nato-jens-stoltenberg-a8851946.html
    Trump lied again?

No way!
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:26
    @suzianne said
    Trump lied again?

No way!
    Is he lying? Or does he really believe it even though it's not true?

Which would be worse?
  4. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:39
    The fact that he believes his own lies (narcissim does that for you) is the least of what’s wrong in that piece.

“Both of my parents are from the EU — despite the fact they don’t treat us well on trade."

The above quote is what’s completely nuts.
    His parents don’t treat “us” well on trade?
    Obviously he means the EU, but without further reference, “they” has to apply to the subject matter (don’t know the word in English) which is his parents in that sentence.

Then, to make matters worse: “despite”.
    WTF.
    Is he suggesting that, normally, because his parents come from place A, it would be reasonable to assume that place A would treat country B well on trade?

In fact, listening to trump is like having someone stick a mixer in your ear and brain-rape you.
  5. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:411 edit
    @no1marauder said

However, the president's father, Fred Trump, was in fact, born in New York City. Friedrich Trump, his grandfather, was born in Germany ...[text shortened]... d-trump-father-fred-trump-born-germany-false-claim-new-york-city-nato-jens-stoltenberg-a8851946.html

I read the Art of the Deal years ago, there Donald Trump said his ancestors came from Sweden.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 04:43

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 06:21
    @mchill said

I read the Art of the Deal years ago, there Donald Trump said his ancestors came from Sweden.
    I think his "oranges" could be based in Holland. 😃
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 09:02
    @mchill said

Trump didn't write "Trump: The Art of the Deal".
  9. Standard memberchessturd
    Trump 2020
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 11:26
    That is your commander in chief you treasonous bastards!
    (Not directed at Suzianne because she might be sexy)
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:231 edit
    @no1marauder said

I think I know what is going on here.

Trump's father was really born in Eastern Germany as Putin brought him to the US so that he could have a son that would become President and be a Putin spy. All the paper work says he was born in the US but we know better.

It all makes sense now.

Has Mueller been informed?
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:26
    @whodey

You're on to it whodey there's a conspiracy here bigger than the nigerian ginger birther conspiracy.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:291 edit
    @wajoma said
    @whodey

You're on to it whodey there's a conspiracy here bigger than the nigerian ginger birther conspiracy.
    What if........................no....................maybe.

What if the Nigerians were backing Putin to alter US democracy. Has Putin gotten any big checks from Nigeria lately?

Any day now..............................
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:29
    @whodey said
    I think I know what is going on here.

Trump's father was really born in Eastern Germany as Putin brought him to the US so that he could have a son that would become President and be a Putin spy. All the paper work says he was born in the US but we know better.

It all makes sense now.

Has Mueller been informed?
    A more reasonable conclusion given the Donald's increasingly bizarre behavior is that his mental faculties (never too substantial to begin with) have severely deteriorated and a 25th Amendment solution should be considered.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:30
    @no1marauder said
    A more reasonable conclusion given the Donald's increasingly bizarre behavior is that his mental faculties (never too substantial to begin with) have severely deteriorated and a 25th Amendment solution should be considered.
    Yes, but he still knows how to use e-mail.

Something to consider.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    03 Apr '19 12:33
    @no1marauder said

But what Obama who made that one mistake 11 years ago?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree