1. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:30
    Originally posted by kaminsky
    The free market is a religion, pick your religion .
    I prefer the one that doesn't tend toward long lines for expensive toilet paper.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Nov '13 22:381 edit
    How about just freedom in general INCLUDING my pocket book. 😛

What is the other option, tyranny perhaps?
  3. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 00:25
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I don't think you should be worried about Venezuela, you cannot even provide basic health care to the citizens of the United States of America.
    Good one, robbie. What a great debater you are. I see you're facts and solid sources and raise you a stupid crack about the US healthcare system. Perhaps in a future post you can claim sleepyguy wears ladies underwear (it's totally cool if you do, dude).
  4. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 06:57
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I prefer the one that doesn't tend toward long lines for expensive toilet paper.
    I prefer one that does not have health care rationing. The social medicine guys never mention this. Not that Obamacare is social medicine, but it will have some of the same weaknesses.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:021 edit
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Good one, robbie. What a great debater you are. I see you're facts and solid sources and raise you a stupid crack about the US healthcare system. Perhaps in a future post you can claim sleepyguy wears ladies underwear (it's totally cool if you do, dude).
    Its pointless providing facts and empirical evidence to the indoctrinated, if you have not learned that by now I don't hold out much hope for you. He completely ignored the data I provided proving that the presidency of Hugo Chavez did much to alleviate poverty and yet here you are bitchin to me about doing what, providing no facts? Please excuse me while I try to refrain myself from mocking you further. They have works of art and chandeliers on the Moscow subway, you got, lets see, graffiti art, nice.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 08:57
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    In the ACA, we see the goals of the American liberal project writ large: big government, confiscation of private wealth, government control, centralized planning, government knowing what's best for individuals. Modern liberalism has exposed itself. Are Americans finally understanding liberalism for what it is and what it wants? It would seem so. Th ...[text shortened]... as either Party has been since Nixon.

Does the ACA herald the end of Liberalism in America?
    I doubt it, I don't give the average American enough credit to even know
    what is going on.
    Kelly
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 10:19
    The free market is exactly that 'free', you may choose to participate in it or you can get together with a bunch of your mates and live within any controls you wish to bow down to.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:07
    This thread reminds me of when Clinton famously got up and announced the end of Big Government.

Pretty funny stuff.

Is this the end of liberalism? Well let's see, with liberals controlling every aspect of government, the media, the judicial, and education, I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion.

In the end everything will be the fault of individual freedom of some sort, especially power of the purse. Without central planners our freedoms would destroy the universe don't ya know.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:18
    Originally posted by whodey
    This thread reminds me of when Clinton famously got up and announced the end of Big Government.

Pretty funny stuff.

Is this the end of liberalism? Well let's see, with liberals controlling every aspect of government, the media, the judicial, and education, I'm not sure how anyone could come to that conclusion.

In the end everything will be the fault ...[text shortened]... r of the purse. Without central planners our freedoms would destroy the universe don't ya know.
    Aldous Huxley on the enemies of freedom, 1958

YouTube
  10. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:29
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Its pointless providing facts and empirical evidence to the indoctrinated, if you have not learned that by now I don't hold out much hope for you. He completely ignored the data I provided proving that the presidency of Hugo Chavez did much to alleviate poverty and yet here you are bitchin to me about doing what, providing no facts? Please excuse m ...[text shortened]... y have works of art and chandeliers on the Moscow subway, you got, lets see, graffiti art, nice.
    And how did it turn out in the long run Robbie?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:321 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    And how did it turn out in the long run Robbie?
    How did what turn out? the fact that communist China owns you, ouch, that gotta hurt.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 12:39
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    I prefer one that does not have health care rationing. The social medicine guys never mention this. Not that Obamacare is social medicine, but it will have some of the same weaknesses.
    Infinite health care, that sounds pretty good! I'd also like infinite computers and infinite beer.
  13. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:13
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Infinite health care, that sounds pretty good! I'd also like infinite computers and infinite beer.
    The kind of rationing I have heard about in social medicine leaves some folks with little to no health care. Waiting lists so long people die before they can got their life saving medical attention. Also goverment deciding who lives and dies isn't a good thing.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:36
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    The kind of rationing I have heard about in social medicine leaves some folks with little to no health care. Waiting lists so long people die before they can got their life saving medical attention. Also goverment deciding who lives and dies isn't a good thing.
    Well, who needs facts when you have things you "heard about"? Have you tried actually investigating some of these health care systems?
  15. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    15 Nov '13 13:56
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, who needs facts when you have things you "heard about"? Have you tried actually investigating some of these health care systems?
    Oh yes. Back when the whole Obamacare thing got started I looked into it. I say heard because many sources were audio. Plenty of reading available too I might add. I do not think all nations are affected the same with regard to my earlier statement but Canada sure heck fire is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree