1. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:26
    @Metal-Brain

I agree. Either get out or kill everyone and conquer the middle East and claim it. Our whole history is about conquering and taking land. Why did that change? Almost all countries were invaded and taken by other countries to get what we have today.

Manifest destiny is popping into my head. Ill go look that up. Not sure what it means. brb
  2. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:31
    @athousandyoung said
    Damn you are old.

Why didn't the Union have to kill you before your side surrendered?
    I never surrendered! I was ambushed while partaking a brothel. Big Betty was worth it. I was about to make my great escape when the glorious General Lee surrendered to save lives. Thus becoming a martyr.
    You can take down the memorials but you can't change history! 😋
  3. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:35
    @nomorechess said
    I never surrendered! I was ambushed while partaking a brothel. Big Betty was worth it. I was about to make my great escape when the glorious General Lee surrendered to save lives. Thus becoming a martyr.
    You can take down the memorials but you can't change history! 😋
    Your "glorious" General Lee surrendered "to save lives". What makes you think other people won't do that?

The Nazis surrendered, Imperial Japan surrendered, the USA fled Vietnam, the Moors lost Andalusia, etc. The facts show that you are completely wrong - wars are never won by committing genocide.
  4. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 19:39
    @nomorechess

This must be your theme song:

YouTube : Highwayman
  5. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 21:04
    Damn near brought tears to my eyes 😢 haven't heard that in 25 years
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 22:03
    @nomorechess said
    @Metal-Brain

I agree. Either get out or kill everyone and conquer the middle East and claim it. Our whole history is about conquering and taking land. Why did that change? Almost all countries were invaded and taken by other countries to get what we have today.

Manifest destiny is popping into my head. Ill go look that up. Not sure what it means. brb
    Wasn't that the rationalization that Hitler used?
  7. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    23 Dec '18 22:06
    @metal-brain said
    Wasn't that the rationalization that Hitler used?
    Probably. I don't know. I'm more of a Confederate. Didn't really get into any history about Hitler.
  8. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 03:241 edit
    @athousandyoung said
    Your "glorious" General Lee surrendered "to save lives". What makes you think other people won't do that?

The Nazis surrendered, Imperial Japan surrendered, the USA fled Vietnam, the Moors lost Andalusia, etc. The facts show that you are completely wrong - wars are never won by committing genocide.
    Turkey committed genocide against Armenia and took 90 percent of their land and if I am not mistaken they still have it.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 03:521 edit
    @nomorechess said
    Turkey committed genocide against Armenia and took 90 percent of their land and if I am not mistaken they still have it.
    There are over 50,000 Armenians in Turkey and more outside of it. And the land in question already belonged to Turkey.
  10. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 04:021 edit
    Yes yes I know BUT the way Turkey waged war was quite successful.

And they kept the land.

I don't think a complete genocide is even possible but to win a war I believe it is the only way in the modern world. If you don't you have the middle East as an example. They will never give up.
    17 years against an inferior force and yet they survive because the people of NATO/USA are not willing to do what needs to be done.
    So either get out or annihilate.
  11. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 04:06
    @athousandyoung said
    There are over 50,000 Armenians in Turkey and more outside of it. And the land in question already belonged to Turkey.
    Belonged to Turkey? Depends on who you ask.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 04:11
    @nomorechess said
    Yes yes I know BUT the way Turkey waged war was quite successful.

And they kept the land.

I don't think a complete genocide is even possible but to win a war I believe it is the only way in the modern world. If you don't you have the middle East as an example. They will never give up.
    17 years against an inferior force and yet they survive because the people of NATO/USA are not willing to do what needs to be done.
    So either get out or annihilate.
    They already had the land.
  13. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 04:161 edit
    @nomorechess said
    Belonged to Turkey? Depends on who you ask.
    These were the Turkish borders in 1915:

https://images.theconversation.com/files/22809/original/9rws2mcn-1366712664.jpg?auto=format&q=45&w=754

They lost the war and lost a lot of territory so I'm not sure what your argument is.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    24 Dec '18 07:21
    @nomorechess said
    Probably. I don't know. I'm more of a Confederate. Didn't really get into any history about Hitler.
    It is. You are like Hitler.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree