1. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    31 May '15 01:04
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why should anyone need to pay back present society for what earlier generations built?

This generation did not build the interstate system. This generation did not build most of the infrastructure in this nation. Almost all the roads, bridges and railroads were built in earlier generations. We see very little for our taxes, except to have it given to big business or to those who won't work.
    We do use them, but as I said I would not debate it as I have no strong opinion on it. I was also referring to inherited wealth but again no strong opinion. I prefer looking forward than being retrospective.
  2. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    31 May '15 01:08
    Originally posted by jimmac
    We might not be owed jobs yet we are entitled to one, if and to the extent that we are capable. .
    Do you know what a contradiction is?

What is the difference between being owed a job (which we both agree is not the case) and being 'entitled' to a job.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '05
    Moves
    31 May '15 08:00
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Do you know what a contradiction is?

What is the difference between being owed a job (which we both agree is not the case) and being 'entitled' to a job.
    I suppose that what I would see as being owed is that someone has a debt to you, which is not individually the case.We agree that no one owes that. But as a requirement of contributing to society ( which most have some need to do ) and receiving from it, pay for food etc, you need to have work. if there is no work, then???. I suppose my trying to define the difference is not easy as you are probably right in a sense, yet I feel that you cannot complain that someone does not work if there is no work. that is gong to happen more and more unless some level of social justice prevails. I call myself a social capitalist, ( that only means what it means to me), as I believe that money IS the best motivator and the best people often need that sort of motivation. I have no problems with that. But there needs to be checks and balances.That is where tax comes in. But work is the best way for one to feel valued and low incomes rarely give one that feeling of worth.
    I understand that what I am saying appears contradictory but I am trying to explain the application rather than the.face value of it. That does not sound quite right either but I hope you try to see what I am trying to say rather than tear it apart.I am ok that you disagree with what I am saying but thats what I think.
  4. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    07 Jun '15 15:31
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Why not put a fence around 'em while you're at it? Makes it easier to hunt them down when your Gestapo comes.
    just kill them at birth no money no life simple

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree