1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 14:18
    Dem win on spending, GOP win on taxes. Virtually guaranteed trillion dollar deficits for the foreseeable future.

Uggg. I think I'm gonna be sick.

😞

Oh yeah, everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

🙂
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 14:331 edit
    I expect another credit downgrade this year. US treasury bonds will no longer be considered as safe as it is now. I predict America's cost of borrowing to rise and more debt being monetized by the FRS.

I'm with you sh6. I'm feeling sick about it already.

Happy new year.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 14:38
    The sooner the whole dysfunctional system collapses into a smoldering heap of rubble, the better off we'll be in the long run.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 15:142 edits
    Originally posted by rwingett
    The sooner the whole dysfunctional system collapses into a smoldering heap of rubble, the better off we'll be in the long run.
    If it all goes belly up, who will pay for my medical care? Who will pay for my retirement? Who will pay for my abortions? Who will pay for my rubbers? Who will pay for the endless wars overseas?

I'm skeered. 😲

I understand you hate the system Rwingett, but I dare say the system they use to replace it with is not what you will have in mind. No doubt, you will champion it at first, just because its different, but our freedoms will go flying out the window in the process. The IMF already knows how they will replace the system and have been discussing this for some time. The only question of mine is, is the destruction of the system intentional or otherwise? I'm beginning to think it is intentional.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 15:152 edits
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    I expect another credit downgrade this year. US treasury bonds will no longer be considered as safe as it is now. I predict America's cost of borrowing to rise and more debt being monetized by the FRS.

I'm with you sh6. I'm feeling sick about it already.

Happy new year.
    This has been a pattern, even in 2010 when the Tea Party was blamed. Why was the Tea Party blamed since the GOP caved just like they did this time? The Tea Party be damned.

We all know what to do in 2014. Out they all go!!!

So when the GOP lose all of their seats in 2014 sh76, who should be blamed? Will it still be the right winged Tea Bagging extremists?

LOL.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 16:31
    Obama said, "A central promise of my campaign for president was to change the tax code that was too skewed towards the wealthy at the expense of the working class Americans."

So how did raising taxes on a few "rich folk" help the middle class?

Anyone?
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 18:401 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Obama said, "A central promise of my campaign for president was to change the tax code that was too skewed towards the wealthy at the expense of the working class Americans."

So how did raising taxes on a few "rich folk" help the middle class?

Anyone?
    Especially since the assumption is that those in that bracket will do nothing but just pay the extra tax. Often high income earners are highly mobile and can eliminate that marginal income above a certain level, and earn it elsewhere. This is a global economy.

It gave the government another $70B to spend. no benefit to any lower class workers.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 19:07
    A watered-down compromise that delays important decisions. Rather typical of the Obama administration.
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 19:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    Dem win on spending, GOP win on taxes. Virtually guaranteed trillion dollar deficits for the foreseeable future.

Uggg. I think I'm gonna be sick.

😞

Oh yeah, everyone, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

🙂
    Who cares, as long as you aren't in office when everything comes tumbling down.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 20:20
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    A watered-down compromise that delays important decisions. Rather typical of the Obama administration.
    He is just doing what he is told. You don't seriously think he is making these decisions for himself, do you?

Obama is a puppet. Boehner is too. Money (those that have it) makes the decisions. Just look at the results for a while. You might come around.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    02 Jan '13 23:50
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    He is just doing what he is told. You don't seriously think he is making these decisions for himself, do you?

Obama is a puppet. Boehner is too. Money (those that have it) makes the decisions. Just look at the results for a while. You might come around.
    Seems like we stopped before going over, but are hanging by our fingernails.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree