1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '11 18:32
    Boy! According to Rasmussen, if the GOP nominates the "Generic Republican," Obama may have some problems. It's 45 percent to Obama and 44 percent to GR!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/generic_presidential_ballot/election_2012_generic_presidential_ballot

How is the GR campaign going in Iowa?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Nov '11 16:43
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Boy! According to Rasmussen, if the GOP nominates the "Generic Republican," Obama may have some problems. It's 45 percent to Obama and 44 percent to GR!

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2012/election_2012_presidential_election/generic_presidential_ballot/election_2012_generic_presidential_ballot

As an assumed GR, I promise you this, that, and the other thing.

Now where is the Oval Office?
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 00:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    As an assumed GR, I promise you this, that, and the other thing.

Now where is the Oval Office?
    I'm impressed with how well you're polling! Do you have a PAC?
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 01:33

The Generic candidate generally doesn't do too well against an incumbent regardless of party. When it is a dead heat, it doesn't bode well for the incumbent.
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 02:23
    Originally posted by normbenign
    The Generic candidate generally doesn't do too well against an incumbent regardless of party. When it is a dead heat, it doesn't bode well for the incumbent.
    Except when all of the real candidates are bombing in the polls.
  6. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 07:01
    I always presumed a Generic republican was an immense arse-hole with two feet protruding from under it and screaming: "Let's bomb women and children".
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Nov '11 11:111 edit
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I always presumed a Generic republican was an immense arse-hole with two feet protruding from under it and screaming: "Let's bomb women and children".
    I didn't know Obama was a Republican.

Why was I not told about this!! 😠

Say, I wonder what his poll numbers are like against himself. 😛
  8. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 02:13
    Except when all of the real candidates are bombing in the polls.
    When there are as many candidates as there are, nobody is going to do too well. It was about this time when prior to any primaries 2003 it appeared that Howard Dean was the presumed nominee, followed by John Edwards, Wesley Clark, and the dark horse John Kerry. The generic candidate has none of the negatives, and none of the positives of an actual candidate.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 13:37
    When there are as many candidates as there are, nobody is going to do too well. It was about this time when prior to any primaries 2003 it appeared that Howard Dean was the presumed nominee, followed by John Edwards, Wesley Clark, and the dark horse John Kerry. The generic candidate has none of the negatives, and none of the positives of an actual candidate.
    Considering that the Republican strategy must be to run against Obama's record and that all their candidates have far more negatives than positives, it is unsurprising that a generic polls better than the actual candidates.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    19 Nov '11 14:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Considering that the Republican strategy must be to run against Obama's record and that all their candidates have far more negatives than positives, it is unsurprising that a generic polls better than the actual candidates.
    I think a pile of dung could beat either nominee in either party.
  11. Subscriberkmax87
    Blade Runner
    Republicants
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 01:28
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think a pile of dung could beat either nominee in either party.
    ...you heard it hear first folks, Whodey says the best thing for America is to put a turd in the White House. It makes absolute sense as well, what with politics being a dirty game and all.....
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 01:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That will change as the field is thinned out. The good news for the Republicans is that the eagerness of the press to shoot all the primary candidates is that there won't be bullets left for the general election, much as when Bill Clinton survived Jennifer Flowers in the primaries, it was no longer scandalous in the general.

As dropouts occur, the supporters will gravitate to another candidate.
  13. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '11 09:15
    That will change as the field is thinned out. The good news for the Republicans is that the eagerness of the press to shoot all the primary candidates is that there won't be bullets left for the general election, much as when Bill Clinton survived Jennifer Flowers in the primaries, it was no longer scandalous in the general.

As dropouts occur, the supporters will gravitate to another candidate.
    But they're up against a brilliant campaign machine. Romney is going to be slammed as a flip flopper. Gingrich's anti-Ryan clip will be played over and over if he wins. Cain and Perry just don't have the gravitas.

I think Erickson is right. It's Obama's to lose.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree