1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 20:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Doesn't that apply to just about everything?
    The funny part is that you keep on starting threads about topics you don't understand, and some how manage to weave a lie into just about every single OP you create. Its like somewhere in the back of your head you do understand enough to lie about it.

My current hypothesis is that you are paid by Obama to make republicans look stupid.
    I'm not a Republican troll boy.

Now, by all means, tell me what I have said that was stupid and why.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 20:47
    Originally posted by vivify
    You do realize that most internships are unpaid, right? And you do realize that the national minimum wage doesn't apply to internships, right?

Simply put...you realize you have no argument, right?
    No. He doesn't.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 20:52
    Originally posted by stevemcc
    No. He doesn't.
    What is the difference? It's still a job. Interns are paid through gaining experience, something minimum wage Nazis I would think would be enraged about.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 21:081 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    What is the difference? It's still a job. Interns are paid through gaining experience, something minimum wage Nazis I would think would be enraged about.
    Sanders' interns could legally be paid nothing, like most at most internships; yet, they get paid five bucks more than the national minimum wage.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 21:29
    Considering his only opposition at this point is Hillary, this slight hypocrisy isn't much.

He'd have to blow up a US military base before he would come close to Hillary.
  6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 23:01
    In this post, you're acknowledging that Bernie isn't the one paying the interns. That means that Bernie isn't deciding the pay rate, someone else is. In other words, your claim that Sanders has some "hypocrisy" is unfounded.
    Oh boy, remember when they found some undocumented workers on a Trump project, through how many layers, corporation, prime contractor, project management contractors, sub contractors and out of how many thousands of employees.

There's a double hypocrisy to be seen here, from Sanders and his worshippers.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 23:03
    Sanders' interns could legally be paid nothing, like most at most internships; yet, they get paid five bucks more than the national minimum wage.
    So all employers need to say to skirt minimum wage laws is call burger flippers interns, or volunteers.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 00:38
    Lets play Bernopoly!!!!!

http://www.discussionist.com/1015766160

😀
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 04:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Considering his only opposition at this point is Hillary, this slight hypocrisy isn't much.

He'd have to blow up a US military base before he would come close to Hillary.
    Agreed. Sanders is not dirty enough to win.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 07:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    I'm not a Republican troll boy.
    I didn't say you were.
    And I am not a 'troll boy'.

Now, by all means, tell me what I have said that was stupid and why.
    Everything that comes out of your mouth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree