Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 17 Apr '16 18:58
    http://dailycaller.com/2015/07/25/bernie-sanders-demands-15-per-hour-minimum-wage-pays-his-own-interns-12-per-hour/

    Looney Tunes advocates a $15 minimum wage, but only pays his interns $12 and hour.
  2. 17 Apr '16 19:06 / 8 edits
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3542360/Bernie-Sanders-takes-private-flight-Rome-speak-Vatican-conference-burning-gallons-fuel-just-hours-attacking-Hillary-Clinton-climate-change.html#ixzz465hfrRqP

    Bernie then flies all the way to Rome on a personal jet so he and the Pope can kiss each other, why I don't know. But then he has the gall to then chastise Hillary for not having a strict enough Climate Change platform after he flew all the way to Rome for a 5 minute visit with the Pope.

    This one plane ride to Rome burns as much carbon emissions as does driving an SUV for an entire year.

    I guess the Pope is a Bernie fan and invited him to fly over for the visit. No word yet on whether the Pope still thinks Trump is still going to hell, but the Pope did reiterate that he was not going to soil himself in the political arena by remaining unpartisan.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Apr '16 19:08
    What's hypocritical about this? Does the money come out of Bernie's pocket?
  4. 17 Apr '16 19:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    What's hypocritical about this? Does the money come out of Bernie's pocket?
    No money ever comes out of the pocket of Bernie Sanders, and never will.

    You can bank on that!

    He is a greedy little troll.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Apr '16 19:15 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    No money ever comes out of the pocket of Bernie Sanders, and never will.

    You can bank on that!

    He is a greedy little troll.
    He's a "greedy" anti-Wall Street socialist?
  6. 17 Apr '16 19:23 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    He's a "greedy" anti-Wall Street socialist?
    If he was not greedy, then why are his interns only making $12 an hour?

    He certainly can afford to pay them out of his own pocket but chooses not to.

    Socialists are only interested in taking money from others, not giving any of their own. Their motivation is thievery and personal power.
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Apr '16 19:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    If he was not greedy, then why are his interns only making $12 an hour?

    He certainly can afford to pay them out of his own pocket but chooses not to.

    Socialists are only interested in taking money from others, not giving any of their own. Their motivation is thievery and personal power.
    In this post, you're acknowledging that Bernie isn't the one paying the interns. That means that Bernie isn't deciding the pay rate, someone else is. In other words, your claim that Sanders has some "hypocrisy" is unfounded.
  8. 17 Apr '16 19:34 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by vivify
    In this post, you're acknowledging that Bernie isn't the one paying the interns. That means that Bernie isn't deciding the pay rate, someone else is. In other words, claiming that Sanders has some "hypocrisy" is unfounded by your OP.
    As I said, they work for him even though he does not pay them. This is true for all politicians. That's why they don't give a damn about worrying how to pay for a higher minimum wage. I would think that if he really cared about how much they make an hour he would find out and make sure they get their "fair share". If nothing else, he should pay them out of his own pocket, but won't.

    If he did pay them, maybe he would STFU about higher wages.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    17 Apr '16 19:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    As I said, they work for him even though he does not pay them. This is true for all politicians. That's why they don't give a damn about worrying how to pay for a higher minimum wage. I would think that if he really cared about how much they make an hour he would find out and make sure they get their "fair share". If nothing else, he should pay them out of his own pocket, but won't.

    If he did pay them, maybe he would STFU about higher wages.
    You do realize that most internships are unpaid, right? And you do realize that the national minimum wage doesn't apply to internships, right?

    Simply put...you realize you have no argument, right?
  10. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    17 Apr '16 19:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    As I said, they work for him even though he does not pay them. This is true for all politicians. That's why they don't give a damn about worrying how to pay for a higher minimum wage. I would think that if he really cared about how much they make an hour he would find out and make sure they get their "fair share". If nothing else, he should pay them out of his own pocket, but won't.

    If he did pay them, maybe he would STFU about higher wages.
    Maybe he gives them cigars.
  11. 17 Apr '16 19:53
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Maybe he gives them cigars.
    You're thinking of Clinton.
  12. 17 Apr '16 19:54 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    You do realize that most internships are unpaid, right? And you do realize that the national minimum wage doesn't apply to internships, right?

    Simply put...you realize you have no argument, right?
    I would imagine that his personal workers are not considered real workers in order to evade any existing laws on labor. It only makes sense.

    It's like when Obama goes to war in Libya and then gets around the laws regarding going to war by simply stating it's not really a war.
  13. 17 Apr '16 19:57
    For the life of me, I don't understand the minimum wage.

    What do they care if people agree to work for peanuts? Who is getting harmed here?

    If there are better jobs, then work them. If not, sit at home if you like and collect a welfare check.
  14. 17 Apr '16 20:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    For the life of me, I don't understand the minimum wage.
    Doesn't that apply to just about everything?
    The funny part is that you keep on starting threads about topics you don't understand, and some how manage to weave a lie into just about every single OP you create. Its like somewhere in the back of your head you do understand enough to lie about it.

    My current hypothesis is that you are paid by Obama to make republicans look stupid.
  15. 17 Apr '16 20:06
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/sanders-record-filings-show-benefits-from-super-pacs-links-to-wall-street-donors-1455300881




    Sanders’s Record, Filings Show Benefits From Super PACs, Links to Wall Street Donors

    WASHINGTON—In nearly every speech, Bernie Sanders reminds voters that he doesn’t have a super PAC, doesn’t want money from Wall Street and rejects establishment politics.

    Yet the Vermont senator has benefited from at least $1.5 million in backing from super PACs and from political groups that don’t have to fully disclose their donors, according to filings with the Federal Election Commission.

    As a member of Congress, he regularly attended retreats with Wall Street lobbyists and other donors, and as a candidate for the Senate, he benefited from money that indirectly came from them. Last year, he directly accepted about $55,000 in Wall Street contributions for his Democratic presidential campaign, FEC filings show.