The importance of the VP debate

The importance of the VP debate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Oct 12

It may carry more importance this year than before. A good article on why.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2012/10/why-thursdays-vice-presidential-debate-matters-a-lot.html

K

Germany

Moves
11 Oct 12

I don't even remember anything of last year's VP debate. Don't people tend to forget these things after the second presidential debate?

Moves
14 Oct 12

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
I don't even remember anything of last year's VP debate. Don't people tend to forget these things after the second presidential debate?
I remember the Biden/Palin debate where he basically had to treat her with kid gloves. And where she verbalized what she was only supposed to be thinking - that she can ignore the moderator's question.

But this time around, the importance of the debate was heightened by Biden's need to fire up the troops after a demoralizing first presidential debate. It wasn't that Obama was in bad form. He looked like someone who didn't want to fight, bringing back bad memories of the caves on the public option and Bush tax cuts. Biden's job was to bring them back, and by all indications he did that. Whether it has any impact beyond that, we'll know over the next few days. After Tuesday night, it won't matter one way or another.