1. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 09:22
    Am I misunderstanding something?

So Harry and his wife resign their royal duties in order to escape an intrusive Press in Britain, yet move to Santa Barbara where there's an equally nosy Hollywood Press just an hour away.

To me, the average Yank, this appears to be nothing more than a couple wanting to "have their cake and eat it too".

Again, I could be wrong, I know very little about the details of this story: But my "hypocrisy warning lamp" now burns brightly.
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Insanity at Masada
    tinyurl.com/mw7txe34
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 10:02
    @wolfe63 said

So Harry and his wife resign their royal duties in order to escape an intrusive Press in Britain, yet move to Santa Barbara where there's an equally nosy Hollywood Press just an hour away.

To me, the average Yank, this appears to be nothing more than a couple wanting to "have their cake and eat it too".

Again, I could be wrong, I know very little about the details of this story: But my "hypocrisy warning lamp" now burns brightly.
    <Ahem> The Hollywood Press specifically is a newspaper that prostitutes advertise in and gets sold from machines on sleazy streets. Just FYI
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 10:11
    @shavixmir said
    You keep claiming others have poor reading comprehension.

Perhaps you’re just not communicating clearly?
    Arrogant white people keep showing their typical obstinate stupidity or dishonesty.

Again (third time already),
    "What a predictable response from the pro-Brexit fanatic Divegeester.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/08/meghan-and-harry-oprah-winfrey-interview-analysis

"Among the public, too, the split in opinion appeared to align with familiar dividing lines,
    with 71% of Brexit supporters viewing the interview as inappropriate against 37% of remainers,
    according to a snap YouGov poll." "

1) I cited a survey finding that 71% of pro-Brexit people implicitly reject Harry's and Meghan's criticisms
    (which Oprah Winfrey covered sympathetically).
    2) Divegeester's well-known as a fanatical supporter of Brexit
    3) Therefore, I predicted that Divegeester likely rejects Harry's and Meghan's criticisms.

Of course, Divegeester's too stupid to comprehend the basis of my prediction
    and now Shavixmir shows that he's about equally stupid.

If the stupid white people who dominate this forum are typical of white people
    everywhere, then obviously they must cling fanatically to racism in order to abide.
    If they had to compete on equal terms with non-white people, they would surely lose.
  4. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 10:43
    @duchess64 said
    Arrogant white people keep showing their typical obstinate stupidity or dishonesty.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/mar/08/meghan-and-harry-oprah-winfrey-interview-analysis

"Among the public, too, the split in opinion appeared to align with familiar dividing ...[text shortened]... rder to abide.
    If they had to compete on equal terms with non-white people, they would surely lose.
    I alerted this racist post.
    I find it to be exceptionally offensive.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 10:472 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:09
    @duchess64 said

"Among the public, too, the split in opinion appeared to align with familiar dividing ...[text shortened]... rder to abide.
    What prediction? The point of a prediction is that it is made before something has happened.
    If we're discussing dishonesty, the interview, which is what we are discussing, was shot through with the stuff. This is not obstinacy or stupidity, the facts don't back up what was being said, and the allegations of racism are unproven. The last sentence of your post however is blatantly racist.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:26

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:433 edits

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:51

10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    You got that from 'pointless interview'?

Congrats.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:54
    @wolfe63 said

You're not wrong.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 11:583 edits

13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 12:06
    You got all that from 'pointless interview'?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 12:14

15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Mar '21 12:161 edit
    I enjoy watching you make generalized and vapid assumptions.

(The post from Wolfe at the top of this page hit the nail on the head).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree