Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 14 Mar '10 17:29
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner_(film)
    If the young men who sodomized this kid had been caught, how would they have been dealt with?
    Is there some unknown gene in this young man, that will eventually turn him into a gay adult? Or was it just done on a whim of anger? Who put the idea in to his head? Was it just a natural tendency that had grown in him from birth?
  2. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    14 Mar '10 17:35
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kite_Runner_(film)
    If the young men who sodomized this kid had been caught, how would they have been dealt with?
    Is there some unknown gene in this young man, that will eventually turn him into a gay adult? Or was it just done on a whim of anger? Who put the idea in to his head? Was it just a natural tendency that had grown in him from birth?
    First of all, is this a true story or fiction? Secondly, who is the "young man" specifically? Amir? Sohrab? Assef? Hassan?
  3. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Mar '10 17:41 / 2 edits
    This film involves many subjects, some of them universal, such as
    friendship, loyalty and courage in the face of adversity, and some
    others of a domestic nature but which should be of interest for the
    whole world, such as the horrible living conditions in Afghanistan
    and a portion of their historic unfolding.

    Notwithstanding such interesting themes, after you watched the movie
    the subject which interested you the most is, well, sodomy. Forced
    sodomy, to be precise.

    A shrink would make gold out of this. Gold!
  4. 14 Mar '10 17:56
    Originally posted by Seitse
    This film involves many subjects, some of them universal, such as
    friendship, loyalty and courage in the face of adversity, and some
    others of a domestic nature but which should be of interest for the
    whole world, such as the horrible living conditions in Afghanistan
    and a portion of their historic unfolding.

    Notwithstanding such interesting themes, af ...[text shortened]... is, well, sodomy. Forced
    sodomy, to be precise.

    A shrink would make gold out of this. Gold!
    Not quite what interested me. The loyalty of his friend to return was what touched my heart.
    Other topics in this forum, had questioned the genetics involved in homosexuality, so i was wondering about this particular scene. I think it is based on a true story.
    And your view? Just a horrible act of torture, or a trend that continues?
    Do you think he would have been punshed, and how?
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    14 Mar '10 18:00 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Not quite what interested me. The loyalty of his friend to return was what touched my heart.
    Other topics in this forum, had questioned the genetics involved in homosexuality, so i was wondering about this particular scene. I think it is based on a true story.
    And your view? Just a horrible act of torture, or a trend that continues?
    Do you think he would have been punshed, and how?
    Search for the UNICEF materials on rape as a weapon of war.

    It will give you an interesting though grim view regarding the
    use of rape in generalized confrontational situations. As for the
    meaning of rape on individual situations, the internet as well as
    the libraries are rich on psychiatric studies on the subject.

    I did my some of my university's social work, many years ago, in
    the state's attorney general office, division for rape victims.
    Emotionally speaking, there is no sufficient punishment for the
    damage caused. As with any other criminal act, though, it is
    more productive to think about what we are doing as a society
    to generate such monstrosity.
  6. 14 Mar '10 20:08
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I think it is based on a true story.
    You sure?
  7. 14 Mar '10 20:10
    Originally posted by Seitse
    As with any other criminal act, though, it is
    more productive to think about what we are doing as a society
    to generate such monstrosity...
    ...for the purpose of figuring out how to prevent it. I'm with you on this.
  8. 14 Mar '10 22:33
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    First of all, is this a true story or fiction? Secondly, who is the "young man" specifically? Amir? Sohrab? Assef? Hassan?
    It appears to be fiction
  9. 14 Mar '10 22:46
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    First of all, is this a true story or fiction? Secondly, who is the "young man" specifically? Amir? Sohrab? Assef? Hassan?
    I think it's scherzo