Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    13 Mar '17 11:09
    Legal experts: Can you please tell me if there are any legal consequences if a sitting President accuses a former President of wiretapping Trump Tower, while offering no proof of this, or can President Trump simply keep on doing this without legal consequence.
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Mar '17 11:49
    Originally posted by mchill
    Legal experts: Can you please tell me if there are any legal consequences if a sitting President accuses a former President of wiretapping Trump Tower, while offering no proof of this, or can President Trump simply keep on doing this without legal consequence.
    There are probably few legal consequences. There should be political consequences. Clinton was impeached for lying about something that had nothing to do with his presidency. Trump, however, has convinced everyone not to take him seriously and to expect him to lie about everything. If lying was all that was necessary for impeachment he would have been impeached within an hour of being sworn in. The reality is that impeachment happens when the majority of the congress and house of representatives decide they no longer want the president. The current problem is not that many republicans think he is a good president but they think they can successful manipulate him to achieve their goals as well as pass many laws that would normally not pass while everyone is focusing on Trumps twitter account. Trump himself only tweeted that to get everyone to stop discussing Russia - and it worked.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    13 Mar '17 12:26
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There are probably few legal consequences. There should be political consequences. Clinton was impeached for lying about something that had nothing to do with his presidency. Trump, however, has convinced everyone not to take him seriously and to expect him to lie about everything. If lying was all that was necessary for impeachment he would have been imp ...[text shortened]... ount. Trump himself only tweeted that to get everyone to stop discussing Russia - and it worked.
    I agree
  4. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    13 Mar '17 12:33
    The democrats don't want Trump impeached because that will only make Pence the president. The democrats want Trump to keep right on doing what he is doing until the republicans are completely and utterly destroyed with no hope of return. This presidency will be a career ender for a large number of republican politicians.
  5. Unknown Territories
    Joined
    05 Dec '05
    Moves
    20408
    13 Mar '17 12:53
    It's amazing to see such a disconnect from reality.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    13 Mar '17 13:01
    Originally posted by mchill
    Legal experts: Can you please tell me if there are any legal consequences if a sitting President accuses a former President of wiretapping Trump Tower, while offering no proof of this, or can President Trump simply keep on doing this without legal consequence.
    While they are at it, ask whether using a private server and lying about it is against the laws as well. Or how about lying about WMD's? Or how about not consulting Congress after committing troops for over a 6 month period.

    Sorry, we only care about Trump violating the laws.

    My bad. 😞
  7. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56305
    14 Mar '17 06:08
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The democrats don't want Trump impeached because that will only make Pence the president. The democrats want Trump to keep right on doing what he is doing until the republicans are completely and utterly destroyed with no hope of return. This presidency will be a career ender for a large number of republican politicians.
    I know!
    How good is gonna be!!!

    Damn, life is funny.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92189
    14 Mar '17 07:17
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    It's amazing to see such a disconnect from reality.
    ..yes . from the very ground underneath our feet.

    What in the hell are you on about man?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Joined
    11 Apr '09
    Moves
    92189
    14 Mar '17 07:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    While they are at it, ask whether using a private server and lying about it is against the laws as well. Or how about lying about WMD's? Or how about not consulting Congress after committing troops for over a 6 month period.

    Sorry, we only care about Trump violating the laws.

    My bad. 😞
    Yes, generally we do focus on the current president, rather than going on about former presidents.
Back to Top